Best motherboard for gaming with limited budged?

Hello guys. 

This is my current build

• Case: Phanteks Ethnoo Luxe
  • Mobo: M4A87TD/USB3  
  • Cpu : Phenom 1100T black edition 
  • Ram: 6gb
  • Power Supply:  Corsair Tx650w Bronze 80+
  • GPU: R9 280x Sapphire Toxic
  • 1 hdd
  • 1 ssd
  • 1 dvdrw

I am currently looking for an upgrade on my mobo and cpu.  
I have a limited budget of 150 euros (120 pounds) and I am looking for a nice looking motherboard(since I have side window on case), that will support 1150 socket, will be as new as possible (preferably z97), will last me for minimum 5 years of upgrades ,will help me to over-clock and will be compatible for what I already have. I am using my pc for gaming mostly. 
I will be shopping from http://www.amazon.co,uk, ebay.uk or any other websites that ship to my country (Cyprus) with no additional taxes. 
I might be willing to increase the budget a bit (around 30 euros) if it really worth it. Also if it's possible to find an Extended-atx instead of atx size then its preferable since I want to take advantage of the big size of my case too.

So any suggestions ? :)  

Why are you running mis matched RAM. 3X2? 1X4+1X2? Not smart. Run dual channel with 2-4 identical sticks. 

Get yourself an ASUS Z97-A. That's all you need. Spending more is pointless. You won't find an affordable EATX board so forget about that.

Intel Inside. Overweight guy in his 30's outside.

Hello guys. 

This is my current build

• Case: Phanteks Ethnoo Luxe
  • Mobo: M4A87TD/USB3
  • Cpu : Phenom 1100T black edition 
  • Ram: 6gb
  • Power Supply:  Corsair Tx650w Bronze 80+
  • GPU: R9 280x Sapphire Toxic
  • 1 hdd
  • 1 ssd
  • 1 dvdrw

I am currently looking for an upgrade on my mobo and cpu.  

I have a limited budget of 150 euros (120 pounds) and I am looking for a nice looking motherboard(since I have side window on case), that will support 1150 socket, will be as new as possible (preferably z97), will last me for minimum 5 years of upgrades ,will help me to over-clock and will be compatible for what I already have. I am using my pc for gaming mostly. 

I will be shopping from http://www.amazon.co,uk, ebay.uk or any other websites that ship to my country (Cyprus) with no additional taxes. 

I might be willing to increase the budget a bit (around 30 euros) if it really worth it. Also if it's possible to find an Extended-atx instead of atx size then its preferable since I want to take advantage of the big size of my case too.

So any suggestions ? :)

That GPU brand is too expensive... get something else like the direct cu ii. It's cheaper and far more effective.

"Lenghts of Snakes Match Each Silent Syllable" (PTM)

Personal Build #1 Intel i7 4790K ||Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 || Corsair H100i || 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz || Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 || 1000W EVGA PSU || Corsair Obsidian 450D  || Death Adder 2013 K70 *MX Brown*

Client Build #1 AMD FX 6300 || ASUS m5a99x EVO R2.0 || Hyper 212 Evo || 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz || MSI R9 280 Direct CU II || Corsair 500W || BitFenix Neos White 

fot eh cpu go for the 4690k and the mobo get the Asus Z97-A, really good for the price and it doesn't look that bad in my opnion

My PC Specs:          CPU: i5 4690k(stock speed of 3.50GHz)          GPU: MSI GTX 770 4GB          Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD and 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD             Ram: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600MHz           Motherboard: Z97 Asus Maximus VII Ranger          PSU: Corsair RM650 650W          CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO                    Case: Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl with window         OS: Windows 10 Pro                                

I always recommend the Asus Z97-A to people, it's a solid motherboard for a fair price.

For the Ram Question above, when I bought my Pc 4 years ago It came with 4gb ram (2x2) after 1 year I got 1 more stick of 2gb and i upgraded the gpu and some other stuff. It's in the plans to get 2x8gb but that will be in winter. 

Have you already chosen a CPU?

Not yet, It will be 1150 socket probably an i5 4670-90k or something(around 230 euros price).

That GPU brand is too expensive... get something else like the direct cu ii. It's cheaper and far more effective.

I already own that Gpu got it for 150 euro :)

Now for the Mobo, z97-A with no question huh ? :) From what i read, asus hero is good also bt a bit more expensive. Is there that much of a difference? Also is z-97A good for Ocing ? :)

And something last, Is z97-Pro worth the 20 euro investment? 

Not yet, It will be 1150 socket probably an i5 4670-90k or something(around 230 euros price).

4690K + Z97-A is good. However I quite like the MSI Gaming boards.

Both are fine for overclocking. I'm at 4.8GHz on a tiny ITX board.

Will my Noctua NH-l12 have any problems with the heatsinks of z97-A or Pro ? 

op take a look at the MSI z97 gaming motherboards...hard to beat for the price and looks much better.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Now for the Mobo, z97-A with no question huh ? :) From what i read, asus hero is good also bt a bit more expensive. Is there that much of a difference? Also is z-97A good for Ocing ? :)

And something last, Is z97-Pro worth the 20 euro investment? 

Well the Asus Z97-A is basicly okay for overclocking.

But offcourse the Hero will be better in terms of stabilility and reliability wenn overclocking.

This is because the hero has a much better vreg design.

This is offcourse also the reason why its more expensive.

Those Msi Z97 gaming boards are also not bad. But im personaly not a big fan of killernic lan.

But thats personal

- Msi Z97 gaming 7

- Asus maximus VII Ranger

- Asus Z97-AR

- Msi Z97 Gaming 5

But for €150 you should be able to find a realy nice decent board.