Ipod Touch 5th Gen Help Needed

MahtXL

So i just got a nice new Product Red Ipod Touch 5th gen exactly a week ago. And i like to know how to cut down on battery usage. So far ive mastered every setting and trick in the book (ive had past ipods so i know the ropes) but this is a new problem ive never seen before. And i want to know how to solve it,.

http://i.imgur.com/fswLB37.jpg

How do i shut down the app stores background activity. A GIANT USAGE OF 60 PERCENT OF BATTERY!

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

Make sure you use the multitasking drawer to fully quit any apps you're not going back to.

As for the App Store, just go ahead and disable Background App Refresh and auto app updates.

Also, congrats on the purchase :D the red on is pretty. Update to the latest iOS 8 as well if you haven't. 8.1 is coming Monday with bug fixes and battery improvements galore!

Lol "nudifier"

What @AMorassOfPixelz said

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Lol "nudifier"

Yeah saw that too haha

Also, thanks for your indispensable contribution to this thread :)

I have an iPod Touch 5th gen and it has the best battery life I have ever had in a device. I use it 5x more than my iPhone and the battery still lasts at least 3 days. That's playing games, web browsing, and listening to music alot + never turning it off at night or day.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Yeah saw that too haha

Also, thanks for your indispensable contribution to this thread :)

You're very welcome

I was going to post something along the lines of what you said, because I didn't read your post. Read it after I was done typing so I just changed it.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Lol "nudifier"

Its quite the handy censoring app. i also censor random pictures and send them to friends to make them mad or get them to laugh. Its pretty great so far. also ive been doing the task shut down thing, and i didnt even use my ipod until it was updated to the latest ios release. which i did at home when i was setting it up. Ill try to find this background data shut down thing though. Ill report back with findings.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit

Cannot find the app store only shut off. Id like to get other apps on, but turn off only app store :c This seems to not be possible. Its everything shuts down. or app store stays on and you can control every other app :/