Best gaming headset

Red Harbinger

Hey guys, just wanted to hear some opinions for a gaming headset this headset is dedicated only for gaming and my budget is max at $300, looking at the ath adg1 (open back), but not really sure

Spend only 100$ and get the Kingston HyperX Cloud, you won't go wrong with that :D

Spoiler

As soon as I saw your budget I was gonna recommend those (but the closed version). Other than that there are sennheiser headsets and a beyerdynamic. A lot of people are gonna suggest to get a separate solution and if you are gonna keep them at your desk thats the best solution. But if you want to travel and things convenience is a huge factor and you can either get one with a modmic or voda boompro, or a headset like you were looking for.

Get a modmic 4.0 and some nice headphones. Though idk which ones because its not really my area of expertise :P

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Hey guys, just wanted to hear some opinions for a gaming headset this headset is dedicated only for gaming and my budget is max at $300, looking at the ath adg1 (open back), but not really sure

hyperx cloud. Or logitech g430 if you want 7.1

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

AKG K612 Pro or HD 558/558s

Fiio E10k

Blue Snowball/Yeti

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

hyperx cloud. Or logitech g430 if you want 7.1

i heard 7.1 is pretty useless and really doesnt mean much, and there are much better stereo headsets

As soon as I saw your budget I was gonna recommend those (but the closed version). Other than that there are sennheiser headsets and a beyerdynamic. A lot of people are gonna suggest to get a separate solution and if you are gonna keep them at your desk thats the best solution. But if you want to travel and things convenience is a huge factor and you can either get one with a modmic or voda boompro, or a headset like you were looking for.

Is the closed version better in terms of sound quality?

It really depends on the headphone but open headphones have better soundstage (for gaming how accurate positional tracking is.). I would recommend the Sennheiser HD 558 and the AntLion ModMic 4.0. Take a listen to the 558 to get an idea of how it'll sound: https://soundcloud.com/sonic-sense-pro-audio/sennheiser-558

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

beyerdynamic

or some audiophile headphones + a modmic 4.0

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

i heard 7.1 is pretty useless and really doesnt mean much, and there are much better stereo headsets

7.1 gives you an unfair advantage over those using stereo in games like bf4 (trust me i own one) You can actually hear the bullets flying past you, footsteps from where etc. But it depends on the games you play :)

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

I quite like my SteelSeries H Wireless for the sheer convince of no cables + the easy swap batteries. But if you have high end headphones I would suggest that plus either a modmic or a desk mic.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

It's a trick question there is no best gaming headset. In all seriousness though the Sennhieser G4me One's aren't bad, but a decent headphone plus a modmic is very reasonable and well priced in the long run.