So, I just ordered a pc and I need a headset. My Budget is $100 (maybe a little, little, little bit more...). I will be doing a lot of gaming(mainly fps), but I also listen to dubstep/electronic music such as Monstercat and Virtual Riot, so Id like it to have good bass/highs. I probably will do a bit of gaming for youtube, so I need a moderatly good mic. It Must be wired. Ive narrowed it down to two choices: The Hyper X Gaming Cloud and the Logitech G35. Please comment and do the poll to help me out!

What Headset do you recommend?

Is 7.1 Surround worth it?

Anything else I need to know?

Thank you! :)

Digital Storm Vanquish II Level 4: CPU-i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, Motherboard- Asus Z97-P, Graphics Card- Gtx 970, RAM- DDR3 1600 MHz, PSU- Corsair CX600 600w, Case- Corsair Graphite Series 230T, SSD-120 GB Samsung 840 EVO, HDD-1TB Seagate Barracuda, OS- Windows 8.1.

Peripherals: Monitor-Asus VG248QE 144hz 1ms 1080p, Headset- HyperX Gaming Cloud, Mouse/Keyboard- CM Storm Devastator Bundle.

So, I just ordered a pc and I need a headset. My Budget is $100 (maybe a little, little, little bit more...). I will be doing a lot of gaming(mainly fps), but I also listen to dubstep/electronic music such as Monstercat and Virtual Riot, so Id like it to have good bass/highs. I probably will do a bit of gaming for youtube, so I need a moderatly good mic. Id prefer wired, but wireless is ok. Ive also heard of 7.1 surround, which im intrested in.

Some headsets that Ive heard of:

Hyperx Cloud

Corsair h1500

Corsair h2100

Logitech 430

Razer Kraken

Logitech 930

What Headset do you recommend?

Is 7.1 Surround worth it?

Wired vs Wireless?

Anything else I need to know?

Thank you! :)

Do you have anywhere local you can try some of those?

Most are decent, Just depends on what feels and sounds good to YOU. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

7.1 is something nice (Explosions in BF4 sound satisfying in surround :D) but otherwise not very significant

Wired tends to have better/more consistent quality

I recommend the HyperX cloud or the Logitech G35 (Wired version of the G930)

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

HyperX Cloud.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

7.1 is something nice (Explosions in BF4 sound satisfying in surround :D) but otherwise not very significant

Wired tends to have better/more consistent quality

I recommend the HyperX cloud or the Logitech G35 (Wired version of the G930)

Thanks

I do have a cheapish Mobo, the Asus Z97-P, and I dont know if either would sound well with its onboard audio.

Digital Storm Vanquish II Level 4: CPU-i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, Motherboard- Asus Z97-P, Graphics Card- Gtx 970, RAM- DDR3 1600 MHz, PSU- Corsair CX600 600w, Case- Corsair Graphite Series 230T, SSD-120 GB Samsung 840 EVO, HDD-1TB Seagate Barracuda, OS- Windows 8.1.

Peripherals: Monitor-Asus VG248QE 144hz 1ms 1080p, Headset- HyperX Gaming Cloud, Mouse/Keyboard- CM Storm Devastator Bundle.

Do you have anywhere local you can try some of those?

Most are decent, Just depends on what feels and sounds good to YOU. 

I dont. :(

I had the Logitech 930 for several years from now and the only thing good about them was the surround sound and the warranty (now I've got 2 of them lying around in my room, 1 working and one half working). Everything else about them is kinda meh. Also the wireless connection gets pretty unstable after some time.

I can't say that much about the Razer Kraken, but I had a Razer Electra "headset" for 1 1/2 years or so and compared to my current headphones the sound seems to be stuttering, as if it skipped some frequenzys, but if you aren't used to other headphones they sound perfectly well, at least if you like base-heavy music.

Btw, if you play FPS games then 7.1, if affordable, is a must. At least from what I know from the G930 it is massive advantage if you can hear where your opponent comes from.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

I had the Logitech 930 for several years from now and the only thing good about them was the surround sound and the warranty (now I've got 2 of them lying around in my room, 1 working and one half working). Everything else about them is kinda meh. Also the wireless connection gets pretty unstable after some time.

I can't say that much about the Razer Kraken, but I had a Razer Electra "headset" for 1 1/2 years or so and compared to my current headphones the sound seems to be stuttering, as if it skipped some frequenzys, but if you aren't used to other headphones they sound perfectly well, at least if you like base-heavy music.

Btw, if you play FPS games then 7.1, if affordable, is a must. At least from what I know from the G930 it is massive advantage if you can hear where your opponent comes from.

I heard about wireless doing things like that. Would the wired versions of those (G35) fix the problems?

Also, isnt the Hyper x Cloud Stereo and not surround?

Also, isnt the Hyper x Cloud Stereo and not surround?

Stereo is ideal for a headset, as you have two ears.  Most games nowadays have a decent (surround) sound engine that will do the rest.

[witty signature]

Stereo is ideal for a headset, as you have two ears.  Most games nowadays have a decent (surround) sound engine that will do the rest.

ok, thanks!

Which Headset? (See Poll) Sorry if it doesnt work, never done a poll before...

I heard about wireless doing things like that. Would the wired versions of those (G35) fix the problems?

Yes, my friend has that one and doesn't have any problems.

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

Ive read a few reviews around the internet saying that the G35 is not very good. I also found out that my Motherboard audio is quite good. Ima get the HyperX Cloud.