Good, Cheap Gaming Laptop Under $800?

Hey guys, about a year ago I made the transition from console gaming on the Xbox 360 to our household desktop PC. It was okay for a while but after we got the Xbox One I found myself not getting on PC gaming for many months. I would love to come back but I would require a laptop as I am always somewhere random in the house. I also want something that I can hook up my Elgato to without occasional stuttering like it does on the current family laptop. As the subject line states I am looking to buy a laptop in the $500-$800 range for gaming and Xbox game capture. Something that can run Battlefield 4 at 60 fps on medium would be awesome! Sorry for the extremely long post but I did not know how else to describe my situation. Thank you for reading and I hope that someone can find a good choice for me as I have no idea!

EDIT: Also the minimum requirements listed for my Elgato is a full usable 4 gigabytes of ram, my laptop is advertised as 4 but has 3.76 gigs usable.

The 840M will only get about 45 FPS max on medium settings

Better than using HD Graphics.

OP this is actually a really good deal on this laptop.

Tigerdirect has it listed for $800 (Not going into benchmarks or anything, I'm just saying its a good deal)

//ccap

Holy cow that's a great deal for the money! Do you think the discount will last until December or so?

Holy cow that's a great deal for the money! Do you think the discount will last until December or so?

Probably not, but you will be able to find some good deals during black friday. If you're wanting something for Christmas you'll just have to wait and see.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Probably not, but you will be able to find some good deals during black friday. If you're wanting something for Christmas you'll just have to wait and see.

Thank you for a great reference point though.

Hey guys, about a year ago I made the transition from console gaming on the Xbox 360 to our household desktop PC. It was okay for a while but after we got the Xbox One I found myself not getting on PC gaming for many months. I would love to come back but I would require a laptop as I am always somewhere random in the house. I also want something that I can hook up my Elgato to without occasional stuttering like it does on the current family laptop. As the subject line states I am looking to buy a laptop in the $500-$800 range for gaming and Xbox game capture. Something that can run Battlefield 4 at 60 fps on medium would be awesome! Sorry for the extremely long post but I did not know how else to describe my situation. Thank you for reading and I hope that someone can find a good choice for me as I have no idea!

EDIT: Also the minimum requirements listed for my Elgato is a full usable 4 gigabytes of ram, my laptop is advertised as 4 but has 3.76 gigs usable.

Not sure why you want a laptop. You can build a rig that would run games a lot better than a laptop..

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64

Not sure why you want a laptop. You can build a rig that would run games a lot better than a laptop..

I am well aware of this, trust me on that. I understand the cheapness of building a custom rig but the versatility of a laptop is the thing that I am looking for. As I said in my original post, I move around in my house a lot and I don't want to be confined to a certain area. But thank you for your opinion.

I am however keeping the idea of a powerful media pc that play the same specifications as my requirements listed above. If someone can find that performance for much cheaper than $600 ish dollars then let me know! I would need to have wiggle room to buy a monitor and peripherals. In a best case scenario $400-$600 for the pc itself and $200 max for peripherals would be amazing.

Lenovo Y40

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

I am well aware of this, trust me on that. I understand the cheapness of building a custom rig but the versatility of a laptop is the thing that I am looking for. As I said in my original post, I move around in my house a lot and I don't want to be confined to a certain area. But thank you for your opinion.

Intel's mobile CPU's are misleading. There are i5/i7's with only 2C/4T. Couldn't tell you how many ignorant people have been fooled at best buy when shopping for a laptop. As long as the laptop has a decent GPU it should be able to do medium depending on the resolution.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Battlefield-4-Benchmarked.105583.0.html

Main: i7 2600 | ASUS P8Z68-V | 2x4GB Vengeance 1600 | GTX 580 | WD Blue 1TB | Antec TP-650C | NH U12S | W7 x64

Backup: X6 1090T | MSI K9A2 Platinum | 4x2GB XMS2 800 | GTX 550Ti | WD Blue 1TB |  Antec VP-450 | CM TX3 | W7 x64