I'm trying to build a Frankenstein, what do you think?

So I chose some parts and I start creating, but I'm not sure what will happen at the end!?

This THING will be used for games and movies and other games (only if it works in the way that I think it will work).

So what do you think will happen with my monster, can it walk and think or it will be a vegetable?

My parts (which I already ordered) are:

1.Processor: Intel Xeon X5690, 6 core, 3.46GHz

2.Motherboard: Dell Precision T7500 Workstation Motherboard System-board 6FW8P LGA1366

3.Ram: Dell 16GB 2X 8GB DDR3 PC3L-10600R 1333MHz 240-Pin ECC REG RAM SNP2WYX3C/8G

I have water cooling for the processor from old PC, I bought Water Cooled Block for it.

I'm planning to finish this THING with Nvidia GTX 980

P.S: Sorry for my bad english, it's not my best language.

If it work properly for games and movies

THIS IS OVERKILL!

Because he had a hard drive.

Holy shit, that is OVERKILL, get something alot cheaper and buy 2 980:s instead.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

But my biggest question is how this parts will come together and how they will work???

Holy shit, that is OVERKILL, get something alot cheaper and buy 2 980:s instead.

I believe that one 980 will be enough for games on 1080p for now

I believe that one 980 will be enough for games on 1080p for now

More is better. Always.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

More is better. Always.

That applies for the processor to, more is better

That applies for the processor to, more is better

No, thats just alot of wasted money, another GPU does alot in gaming.

No, thats just alot of wasted money, another GPU does alot in gaming.

Yeah but I already bought this processor, and one 980 will be enough for now

maybe later i will upgrade. I think that all games from this and next year will work on 1080p max graphics on one 980.

Why a Dell motherboard and RAM?

That's seems good and it wasn't so expensive, so I decided to trust on Dell.

Have you verified that the memory will work with the motherboard? Dell lists 3 compatible replacement modules, http://accessories.dell.com/sna/category.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&category_id=2999&mfgpid=221053&chassisid=8817&stype=51&Tab=Parts. Also, I believe the board supports triple channel memory so 3 modules would be optimal.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Have you verified that the memory will work with the motherboard? Dell lists 3 compatible replacement modules, http://accessories.dell.com/sna/category.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&category_id=2999&mfgpid=221053&chassisid=8817&stype=51&Tab=Parts. Also, I believe the board supports triple channel memory so 3 modules would be optimal.

The motherboard memory slots should be populated in specific order from  the first slot to the last (DIM 1, DIM 2, 3 ... ( http://data.stuartconnections.com/object/image?p=10195&i=4 ) ).  I'm not sure but I think that 2x8 Reg ECC memory should work just fine, i looked at the motherboard one more time and i doesn't saw how many channels it is.

That's seems good and it wasn't so expensive, so I decided to trust on Dell.

Is it cheap, cuz I feel like for your purposes, you can get a different motherboard with more features.

Is it cheap, cuz I feel like for your purposes, you can get a different motherboard with more features.

It supports the processor which I chose and it's not that old, it has interesting view, and it seems to have everything that I need.

Let me say this nicely,

Wait I can't you refuse to accept any logical ideas.

signatures are the illuminati #mkultragotcha

The motherboard memory slots should be populated in specific order from  the first slot to the last (DIM 1, DIM 2, 3 ... ( http://data.stuartconnections.com/object/image?p=10195&i=4 ) ).  I'm not sure but I think that 2x8 Reg ECC memory should work just fine, i looked at the motherboard one more time and i doesn't saw how many channels it is.

Many server motherboards can be touchy when it comes to memory compatibility. You may want to see if you can find a memory QVL for the board.

The memory slots alternate white and black latches. This suggests that like other LGA1366 motherboards, this one supports triple channel memory operation. I expect that the use of a 2x8GB kit would run dual channel.

I hope you will do a build log.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Let me say this nicely,

Wait I can't you refuse to accept any logical ideas.

What logical ideas man? Look I simply believe that something more powerful will last longer and games this days want some processor power, so powerful processor now will delay my next upgrade, one GTX 980 supports every game on the market for now on 1080p max graphics. In the future i may put another one in SLI because games will be more demanding. The motherboard has 2 PCI express slot so it supports SLI and processors socket is LGA 1366 which isn't very common in normal prices.

P.S: Now I want to know how compatible parts are so I can be sure what I'm doing. (One man here "brob" asks me about RAM and I'm not sure so I'm checking. That kind of help i need). Thanks for understanding.

Many server motherboards can be touchy when it comes to memory compatibility. You may want to see if you can find a memory QVL for the board.

The memory slots alternate white and black latches. This suggests that like other LGA1366 motherboards, this one supports triple channel memory operation. I expect that the use of a 2x8GB kit would run dual channel.

I hope you will do a build log.

OK

This motherboard wants DDR3 ECC Ram. I can't find is it triple channeled or not, but your suggestion seems right from my point of view. I found one man who has this motherboard and had 2x4GB sticks and he doesn't have any problem so I hope that it will work fine.

What logical ideas man? Look I simply believe that something more powerful will last longer and games this days want some processor power, so powerful processor now will delay my next upgrade, one GTX 980 supports every game on the market for now on 1080p max graphics. In the future i may put another one in SLI because games will be more demanding. The motherboard has 2 PCI express slot so it supports SLI and processors socket is LGA 1366 which isn't very common in normal prices.

P.S: Now I want to know how compatible parts are so I can be sure what I'm doing. (One man here "brob" asks me about RAM and I'm not sure so I'm checking. That kind of help i need). Thanks for understanding.

Xeons fall behind in gaming get a 5820k.

signatures are the illuminati #mkultragotcha