is this sound card good/worth it?

farhanorakzai

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

What do you need it for?

ur mobo audio should be fine

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

What do you need it for?

ur mobo audio should be fine

to plug in cheap speakers. my onboard audio is not working 

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

Its a fine stand alone card. Nice and cheap.

Wont make you go crazy, but, not many will notice anyway. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

oh then I guess the sound card should be the best option 

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

nvm

Its a fine stand alone card. Nice and cheap.

Wont make you go crazy, but, not many will notice anyway. 

In that case, yes. I've had one before, also because the onboard was dead.

oh then I guess the sound card should be the best option 

will this one work? 

ASUS XONAR DG Headphone Amp & PCI 5.1 Audio Card

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/diamond-multimedia-xtremesound-5-1-16-bit-sound-card/5128004.p?id=1219111162244&skuId=5128004

Umm I think the one in the link is REALLY old.

I would go Xonar

Umm I think the one in the link is REALLY old.

I would go Xonar

will it fit in my case though? the bracket looks really small compared to the xonar. i honestly just need to be able to hear youtube videos, i don't really care that much about audio quality

will it fit in my case though? the bracket looks really small compared to the xonar. i honestly just need to be able to hear youtube videos, i don't really care that much about audio quality

umm im 99% sure that the Xonar will fit your case

umm im 99% sure that the Xonar will fit your case

i meant will the older one fit in my case?

i meant will the older one fit in my case?

yeah but it will literally sound like butt...

worse than an MP3 player from 1990!!! (exaggeration) 

The one on the link wasn't a xonar DG, wasn't it? 

DG will fit. The bracket size is standardized size for PC cards' bracket. It even come with an additional low profile bracket, for small/thin CPUs