Case compatibility with water cooler + mobo question.

panzerK

Hey, I didn't really know whether to ask this question in the water cooling section or the computer case section of the forums but asking in the case section seemed more relevant.

I'm planning to purchase a X61 Kraken from NZXT with 280mm radiators which I'm planning to be mounting at the top of the case.

The problem is, I'm trying to decide whether I should get the Obisidian 450D or the 230T from Corsair.

Linus said that there may be compatibility issues mounting 280mm radiators at the top of the case in the 230T depending on the motherboard.

The motherboard I will be using is a Maximus VII Hero from ASUS.

I'm leaning more towards the 230T as it is cheaper and smaller than the 450D. (I want to build a relatively mid-small sized PC) 

At the same time, I do not want to sacrifice the cooling capabilities of the 450D and head room for future upgrades.

What would you guys suggest I do? Should I get the 230T(if it is compatible with Max 7 Hero + x61 Kraken) or should I spend a bit extra on the very nice 450D?

230T will not be able to house both the 280 radiator and fans inside the case as

corsair has the roof fans mounted. either you are modding the roof to accept the

new mounting or use a more native case for this. it is cheaper for a reason and it

wasn't really designated as a watercooling case, but a budget gamer case.

the 450D, Arc Midi R2, H440 and Enthoo Pro come to mind.

Hey, I didn't really know whether to ask this question in the water cooling section or the computer case section of the forums but asking in the case section seemed more relevant.

I'm planning to purchase a X61 Kraken from NZXT with 280mm radiators which I'm planning to be mounting at the top of the case.

The problem is, I'm trying to decide whether I should get the Obisidian 450D or the 230T from Corsair.

Linus said that there may be compatibility issues mounting 280mm radiators at the top of the case in the 230T depending on the motherboard.

The motherboard I will be using is a Maximus VII Hero from ASUS.

I'm leaning more towards the 230T as it is cheaper and smaller than the 450D. (I want to build a relatively mid-small sized PC) 

At the same time, I do not want to sacrifice the cooling capabilities of the 450D and head room for future upgrades.

What would you guys suggest I do? Should I get the 230T(if it is compatible with Max 7 Hero + x61 Kraken) or should I spend a bit extra on the very nice 450D?

Phanteks Enthoo Pro or Phanteks Enthoo Luxe.

Two of the best, and most reasonably priced cases on the market right now.

These are full tower cases, but they are the best build quality, and most feature rich cases on the market at their respected price points.  If you want future expandability, this is the case for you.  I personally own the Pro, and I love it.  $99 for a case of this magnitude is amazing. The customer service is some of the best I have ever encountered.  I am kind of regretting that I didn't opt for the Luxe.  You can't go wrong with either though.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Phanteks Enthoo Pro or Phanteks Enthoo Luxe.

Two of the best, and most reasonably priced cases on the market right now.

These are full tower cases, but they are the best build quality, and most feature rich cases on the market at their respected price points. If you want future expandability, this is the case for you. I personally own the Pro, and I love it. $99 for a case of this magnitude is amazing. The customer service is some of the best I have ever encountered. I am kind of regretting that I didn't opt for the Luxe. You can't go wrong with either though.

+1. I second this