iPod_ or_ Samsung Galaxy Player? $$$

equippedbum

My question is:

Is the Samsung Player easier to download music for free?

Someone mentioned that iPods are stuck with having to use iTunes exclusively...and that will mean spending a lot of money for each song or album.

Someone mentioned that iPods are stuck with having to use iTunes exclusively...and that will mean spending a lot of money for each song or album.

That's false. You have to use iTunes to transfer music from your PC to your phone, but you can get the music from wherever you like.

As for the Samsung, I'm not sure sorry.

You have the ability to add your own music to your Samsung device running android.

EDIT: As for iTunes, its just crapware, its slow, not easy to navigate and takes up your PC's resources.

My question is:

You have to use iTunes to transfer the music, but you can use music from CD, you can get MP3s from anywhere on the planet, and iTunes will accept them

Though by "download music for free" I assume you mean piracy,.... I dont agree with it but even so iTunes will support that music too

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

My question is:

For the free music: If you are wanting to download paid music for free, then you won't get any information here because its against the CoC. For music that is free from the artist/composer, you would be able to download them from a browser or app(Bandcamp and Soundcloud for example).

iPods are stuck with having to use iTunes for syncing*, but you can use regular mp3's or CD's as a source for your music. With Android(Samsung Player), you can use a syncing program like Samsung Kies and other 3rd party applications, but they aren't needed. When you plug in the Samsung, it will be recognized as a mass storage device(or as I describe it: Just like a flash drive.). You can then copy mp3's or sync them with a program.

*There are some alternatives to iTunes(MediaMonkey?), but they have the same problems as iTunes if not more, but the fact that a "Sync" type of application is needed is kind of bogus to me.

Also it sounds like you are looking into getting a iPod or 'Player', I recommend neither. Something like an off contract Android is a much better value from what I've seen. You get a media player device for about the same price(sometimes more, sometimes less, depends on the model), and you can use it as a phone if needed.

Android allows MP3 format so when you get free music, then it go straight to the device itself unlike iPods. You have to get a free music app, and when you download the music, it only stays on the app. You could probably find a computer program that will format MP3 to be compatible with the iPod music player. But android MP3 players are very out of date and they arent being made any more. Android 2.2 froyo

apple.com

I've never understood the hate on iTunes.

It organizes all your media in one place and provides a easy way of syncing them to your devices.

Yes, if you get an apple device you must use iTunes but the story is similar with other digital players as well. I had a sony one and I had to use a program called SonicStage, which was far far worse than itunes.

sure, you can get cheap mp3 players that lets you drag and drop by I want a player that acutally keeps track of my music, update play counts.. etc.

still sad that they discontinued the iPod Classic, was hoping for one with an SSD.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein

My question is:

iOS requires iTunes to download music onto it, and therefore requires a computer if you want to download MP3's into the native music app. Android on the other hand lets you download music into the native music app straight from the Android browser. 

You don't have to get the Galaxy Player though, you can find some cheap Android phone like the Moto G that will likely perform better and just use that for music without a SIM. 

"Rawr XD"

still sad that they discontinued the iPod Classic, was hoping for one with an SSD.

CompactFlash DIY?

"Rawr XD"

Yes, if you get an apple device you must use iTunes but the story is similar with other digital players as well. I had a sony one and I had to use a program called SonicStage, which was far far worse than itunes.

hahahaha SonicStage... I remember that. Had a Walkman before where it was required, man it was absolute horseshit

"Rawr XD"

CompactFlash DIY?

If you have a 5th generation you are able to use a ZIF SSD.

I have 7th gen. dunno of a working wat to get SSD.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein