Tablet

ixiboneheadixi

what are the best tablets around right now? in terms of a good tablet at a solid price point, i really prefer the larger 10 inch tablets but the 7 inch ones are not too bad but honestly with my big hands feel more like a phone lol. im not looking for something too expensive but also looking for something that will last quite a while. 

Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet

looks fairly nice, for sure a consideration. Are any of the nexus tablets good? ive also heard that the nexus 9 is rumored to be days away from launch aswell?

Z2/3 tablet

Nvidia shield tablet

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

looks fairly nice, for sure a consideration. Are any of the nexus tablets good? ive also heard that the nexus 9 is rumored to be days away from launch aswell?

If you want pure vanilla android with guaranteed upgrades then go for the nexus. Id go for the Z2 for design and hardware but would go for the nexus tablets for software.

what are the best tablets around right now? in terms of a good tablet at a solid price point

WinBook TW801 is $140ish at Microcenter. It runs full windows 8.1(32bit) with 2Gb of ram(32Gb storage, 20Gb usable) and a Intel Atom Z3735D(runs at 1.5Ghz most of the time). It features a 1280x800 screen, full USB 3.0 port(USB charging port supports OTG also), and has a Micro SD slot(up to 64Gb I think, maybe 128Gb). I've been using it for a while and it feels sturdy(especially considering the price) and the screen isn't that bad(seen worse, seen better). The battery is alright but it charges relatively fast considering the hardware. There is a 10" version as well but it costs more($199 I think) and has the same specs(but has an optional keyboard dock, similar to the surface). If you live near a Microcenter its a great deal.

lg gpad 8.3

nexus 7

nexus 9 (if it is as good as expected)

sony tablet z2/3

ipad air

surface pro 3

dell venue 8

dell venue 11

sheild tablet

sheild  portable (basically a tablet)

ideapad yoga 3 pro 

There are so many good choices, and it is mostly personal preference.

lg gpad 8.3

nexus 7

nexus 9 (if it is as good as expected)

sony tablet z2/3

ipad air

surface pro 3

dell venue 8

dell venue 11

sheild tablet

sheild  portable (basically a tablet)

ideapad yoga 3 pro 

All of these are vastly different price ranges, so of course it's hard to pick one if you don't know how much you want to spend on a tablet.

Also, Nexus 9 is already out 

http://www.google.com/nexus/9/

"Rawr XD"

All of these are vastly different price ranges, so of course it's hard to pick one if you don't know how much you want to spend on a tablet.

Also, Nexus 9 is already out 

http://www.google.com/nexus/9/

I didn't know that when i made that post, it looks ok, but I would rather have a 10" or 11" screen with the aspect ratio and productivity focus/ keyboard made for it.

I didn't know that when i made that post, it looks ok, but I would rather have a 10" or 11" screen with the aspect ratio and productivity focus/ keyboard made for it.

It's the same resolution and aspect ratio as the Retina Display on iPads (2048x1536, 4:3 aspect ratio) which yeah is more for productivity then it is for media consumption but honestly in a tablet it's better then 16:9. Honestly I think tablets should be 3:2 or 16:10, as they are good balances of productivity and media consumption. 

"Rawr XD"

It's the same resolution and aspect ratio as the Retina Display on iPads (2048x1536, 4:3 aspect ratio) which yeah is more for productivity then it is for media consumption but honestly in a tablet it's better then 16:9. Honestly I think tablets should be 3:2 or 16:10, as they are good balances of productivity and media consumption. 

I think 16x10 is the best aspect ratio, I personally use my tablet mostly for watching videos, so that is why i like to be just over 16x9 (and also why i like windows tablets).

Nexus 9 or the nvidea shield tablet? I can't decide.