isn't the Moto G supposed to be scratch resistant?

Bit8xPr0

I have had the Moto G for about it 2-3 weeks and all I do is keep it on my desk and in my pocket and there are already some noticeable scratches. I cri everytiem

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

I have had the Moto G for about it 2-3 weeks and all I do is keep it on my desk and in my pocket and there are already some noticeable scratches. I cri everytiem

Just like with every phone that is "scratch resistant", small scratches will appear sooner or later, my suggestion would be to get a decent screen protector from day 1. That's what I've done with my past 3 phones and it even survived deeper scratches, just replace the protector after them. :)

it has gorrila glass upfront that means it does not scratch that easily

That said, nothing is scratch resistant

I have seen people scratch keys to this thing!

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

it has gorrila glass upfront that means it does not scratch that easily

That said, nothing is scratch resistant

Nothing is scratch proof. It can be resistant.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Yeah mine has a dead pixel so I can return it. I feel mine was cheaply made as the plastic cover doesn't seem to be flush and rocks when you presd on the back

Silly Moto G keyboard

Yeah mine has a dead pixel so I can return it. I feel mine was cheaply made as the plastic cover doesn't seem to be flush and rocks when you presd on the back

Well its a cheap phone, it will not have the fit and finish of a flagship device

Gorilla glass is very scratch resistant, you can take a steel blade to it...but a small piece of sand will still scratch it, as sand and things are tougher than gorrilla glass on the hardness scale

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

As long as you don't scratch it, it's 100% guaranteed scratch-proof.

Well its a cheap phone, it will not have the fit and finish of a flagship device

It is The Mota Rolla G

Gorilla glass is very scratch resistant, you can take a steel blade to it...but a small piece of sand will still scratch it, as sand and things are tougher than gorrilla glass on the hardness scale

Mine had a dead pixel too. I had the first one, and it felt really solid - I kept it for a week though before returning it.

It is a Moto G

Yeah the top of the back just pushes in and makes an irritating cheap feeling experience idk maybe it's cause I'm ocd

Gorilla Glass will still scratch eventually. Either get a tempered glass screen protector or a phone like the Kyocera Brigadier (Sapphire glass display)

"Rawr XD"

I find this it be a common misconception. Scratch resistance does not equal scratch proof. Same goes for water resistance. My brother had a Motorola Defy XT on Republic Wireless before and that phone was supposed to be both water and dust resistant, and it died when my brother dunked it in a cup of water to "cool" it down and to clean it.

@Bit8xPr0, after using the Moto G for a year I can tell you that it is scratch resistant, but not poof(nothing is proof). I see little scratches on my screen, but nothing too bad. Compared to my non scratch resistant phones it has held up much better, but still sin't perfect. That's just physics for you(hardness scale yo).

My Lumia 520 has no scratches at all, not even little ones. Just never carry it in your pocket with change, keys, and other crap and you'll never get scratches.

@Bit8xPr0, after using the Moto G for a year I can tell you that it is scratch resistant, but not poof(nothing is proof). I see little scratches on my screen, but nothing too bad. Compared to my non scratch resistant phones it has held up much better, but still sin't perfect. That's just physics for you(hardness scale yo).

Well that's weird because I have one deep one and I don't do anything to it.