M12II with 970/unlocked i5 OC?

GLHolmstroff

I've been thinking about getting a Seasonic M12II EVO 620W for my new system that will run a gtx 970 and a i5-4690K

My question is, will the PSU be able to handle this, and is it of a good quality?

(I've checked the main thread, didn't really give me the info I needed specifically, but pointed me in the right direction)

JonnyGuru is literally your Guru for all Power supply matters. If you can't find it on his site, it's probably not that good. I've not used Seasonic PSUs myself but I know EVGA/Corsair are high quality if you want to consider changing brands. Can't really vouch for other brands as I haven't used them.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I've been thinking about getting a Seasonic M12II EVO 620W for my new system that will run a gtx 970 and a i5-4690K

My question is, will the PSU be able to handle this, and is it of a good quality?

(I've checked the main thread, didn't really give me the info I needed specifically, but pointed me in the right direction)

i believe it sshould be enough even with a little OC and the psu is made by seasonic so it is good if not great quality and remember to follow your topics and quote the person your replying too

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

JonnyGuru is literally your Guru for all Power supply matters. If you can't find it on his site, it's probably not that good. I've not used Seasonic PSUs myself but I know EVGA/Corsair are high quality if you want to consider changing brands. Can't really vouch for other brands as I haven't used them.

Just because its not on JonnyGuru doesn't mean its shit. There are other reputable reviewers too, like TPU.

@GLHolmstroff

Yes its a good unit and it can easily handle 2 970s

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

Just because its not on JonnyGuru doesn't mean its shit. There are other reputable reviewers too, like TPU.

@GLHolmstroff

Yes its a good unit and its can easily handle 2 970s

Alright then, I cant really find any great alternatives at this price range so I think I'll just go for this one

Alright then, I cant really find any great alternatives at this price range so I think I'll just go for this one

Go for it.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/psus/2014/06/20/550w-650w-psu-roundup/9

Its a decent quality unit for its price. They noted some noise and strain at high loads, but it stayed within spec. And really, any PSU runs hotter, louder, and with looser readings near its max capacity. I would be very comfortable using it, especially with a low-ish power card like the GTX 970. A system with an i5 and a 970 probably won't push that PSU near its max capacity.

The review I've linked is actually a comparison between several similar units, and you may find an alternative among them.