Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Painting. Mod log?

connorpiper

Oh yea. Totally. It works perfectly fine. 

Great! It's settled then gonna get me some white spray paint and some enamel coating and Imma be painting! By the way, how long did it take for you to achieve the finished product?

And I hope you don't mind me asking but can I get a step by step on how you went about the painting process? I'm a painting noob since if ever this will be my first painting project. Any do's and don'ts will be really appreciated :)

Intel i5 4460 || Deepcool Gammaxx S40 || Gigabyte H97 Gaming 3 || Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb DDR3 1600 CL9 || Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Asus 24x DVDRW OEM || Bitfenix Comrade Window White || Asus VX239h || Razer Blackwidow 2013 || Razer Deathadder Chroma || Windows 8.1 x64 SL || Crucial M550 256gb || Deepcool RGB Led Controller

Great! It's settled then gonna get me some white spray paint and some enamel coating and Imma be painting! By the way, how long did it take for you to achieve the finished product?

And I hope you don't mind me asking but can I get a step by step on how you went about the painting process? I'm a painting noob since if ever this will be my first painting project. Any do's and don'ts will be really appreciated :)

1. Take apart keyboard. (Undo screws on bottom and under the rubber feet, then pry the plastic off GENTLY!)

2. Clean plastic cover so there is no dust or oil.

3. Go over very softly from about 10 inches away with paint. Do not coat so there is drips.

4. Let the very thin coat dry.

5. Repeat until paint is thick and covers everything. Expect this to take time.  

BTW: I used white enamel paint. But you can clear coat the thing, the white paint gets quite dirty. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

So, a couple weeks ago I decided that I wanted to paint my keyboard white. I was getting tired of how ugly it was, but don't want to spend money on a new one when mine has perfectly good Cherry MX Blue switches.

So, the painting begins.

First I started with plasti-dip. But after painting I realized that if one area got damaged. The entire skin would just peel off.

So I decided that I would get enamel. All that cost around $10. So cheaper than a $180 keyboard.

So. The finished product!

DSC_0470.JPG

2014-10-12.jpg

2014-10-12.jpg

(You may notice that the USB port is white also. Thanks Razer!)

DSC_0474.JPG

I liked this so much that my 760s will be getting a coat also! (Once it's done I will make a topic also)

that looks awesome

badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges

• 6 months later...

im thinking of doing this myself as my black widows 2013 has a crack in the casing and looks ugly in black was it easy? and how did you disassemble it?

• 5 months later...

I removed the casing from the keyboard. 

Just the top part, but you can also paint the bottom. 

DSC_0456.JPG

Is the logo in the bottom middle removable or did you place masking tape on it ? I might do this on the tournament 2014 one if I buy it. :)