Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Painting. Mod log?

connorpiper

So, a couple weeks ago I decided that I wanted to paint my keyboard white. I was getting tired of how ugly it was, but don't want to spend money on a new one when mine has perfectly good Cherry MX Blue switches.

So, the painting begins.

First I started with plasti-dip. But after painting I realized that if one area got damaged. The entire skin would just peel off.

So I decided that I would get enamel. All that cost around $10. So cheaper than a $180 keyboard.

So. The finished product!

DSC_0470.JPG

2014-10-12.jpg

2014-10-12.jpg

(You may notice that the USB port is white also. Thanks Razer!)

DSC_0474.JPG

I liked this so much that my 760s will be getting a coat also! (Once it's done I will make a topic also)

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

i was gonna do this to my BW but i was gonna do it with orange.

yours has turned out really nice though, now all you need is to order an epic set of custom keycaps

i was gonna do this to my BW but i was gonna do it with orange.

yours has turned out really nice though, now all you need is to order an epic set of custom keycaps

I will be also getting some O-Rings to silence those Blues.

And I was thinking Key Caps also.

That looks really cool. I'm getting a Blackwidow 2014  :D

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

That looks really cool. I'm getting a Blackwidow 2014  :D

You poor soul. Please don't get the 2014. It has rip-off switches.

Nice! After seeing this, i am thinking of doing it to my Razer Blackwidow, may i know if you removed the casing from the keyboard or do you just remove the keycaps?

Gaming Rig: Intel i5-2400  |  Z68 Pro 3 Gen 3  |  8GB RAM  | Gigabyte R9-270X 4GB | Corsair Graphite 600T white edition | CMStorm Rapid I (blue Switch) | Razer Deathadder

Mobile Devices: Macbook Air 13" | iPad Mini (1st Gen) | iPhone 6 128GB | www.nic-koh.com

Nice! After seeing this, i am thinking of doing it to my Razer Blackwidow, may i know if you removed the casing from the keyboard or do you just remove the keycaps?

I removed the casing from the keyboard. 

Just the top part, but you can also paint the bottom. 

DSC_0456.JPG

Sorry this is my first time doing this. How do you remove the case??

Gaming Rig: Intel i5-2400  |  Z68 Pro 3 Gen 3  |  8GB RAM  | Gigabyte R9-270X 4GB | Corsair Graphite 600T white edition | CMStorm Rapid I (blue Switch) | Razer Deathadder

Mobile Devices: Macbook Air 13" | iPad Mini (1st Gen) | iPhone 6 128GB | www.nic-koh.com

The screws are under the feet on the bottom. You have to peel them off.

And the little plastic doors on the bottom as well.

After that, the top is held on by little plastic clips.

Alright thanks!

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the bump but I just wanted to know how you painted it. Did you do it with a paint brush or another way which stops streaks etc.

I should do that with my chroma and then replace the keycaps on it with translucent keycaps, man that would look sick. 

Sorry for the bump but I just wanted to know how you painted it. Did you do it with a paint brush or another way which stops streaks etc.

I just used the spray can. Very lightly, with many coats. 

And did you get some enamel clear coat to go over top? Or did you just leave it without clear coat.

That is the only Blackwidow I would ever use. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

And did you get some enamel clear coat to go over top? Or did you just leave it without clear coat.

No. I just used Enamel glossy paint. If you want it would make it easier to clean. 

Thanks for your help! I'm about to go to the store to get my paint. Will post pics upon completion.

To OP and to @Prawnflakes I would just like to ask, when you were letting the paint dry, were you able to still use the Blackwidow without the frame? I only have the Blackwidow 2013 as my only keyboard and I won't have any to use when I do get it painted :)

Intel i5 4460 || Deepcool Gammaxx S40 || Gigabyte H97 Gaming 3 || Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb DDR3 1600 CL9 || Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Asus 24x DVDRW OEM || Bitfenix Comrade Window White || Asus VX239h || Razer Blackwidow 2013 || Razer Deathadder Chroma || Windows 8.1 x64 SL || Crucial M550 256gb || Deepcool RGB Led Controller

To OP and to @Prawnflakes I would just like to ask, when you were letting the paint dry, were you able to still use the Blackwidow without the frame? I only have the Blackwidow 2013 as my only keyboard and I won't have any to use when I do get it painted :)

Oh yea. Totally. It works perfectly fine. 

So it took a couple days longer than expected but I am now using my newly painted blackwidow!

upuOm4o.jpg

That looks sick! I'm glad I was able to help you.