How much harder is it getting to mine bitcoin?

Hey

Looking at the Butterflylabs miners, according to most profit calculators they'll earn them selves in within a month. I guess that's getting to take longer time in the future, but how harder will it get to mine bitcoin? (eg what will the difficulty be in 3-4 months)

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

Nobody can exactly say what the difficulty will be, but it could rise up to 10x easily.
The waiting list for butterfly miners is extremely long so you would probably get your miner when the difficulty already went up a huge step. I personally wouldn't invest in an ASIC right now but I could be wrong.

look it this way,, if you could get your hands on a 5GH/s ASIC today, you will be having profit in 2 weeks but by the time you actually get your ASIC there will be

XXXXXXXX Gh/s already mining so your 5Gh/s will be nothing, all this is relative.

If for some miracle butterfly delivers, the difficulty will go up more that x100 for sure, the network hashrate will probably triple in less that 1 month!

but, i wouldnt worry about butterfly ASIC's, imho that was a scam!

Looking around,

bla bla bla this, meh that!

http://coinchoose.com/

choose your coin to mine, there's your profitability chart along with ALT coins  

pGuerrerox is completely worng, BFL is definitely not scam, its all specitualive rumors that has been planted. They are shipping jalapenos already and then SC to follow really soon, I have 2 early July/2012 orders of 120GHS total that I will get soon I will post pictures of them mining when I get them in a few weeks 

Main Rig:
I7 3820 @ 4.3GHZ---Corsair H100i---EVGA X79 FTW---DDR3 2133 16GB--- Asus GTX 780 DCII--CM Storm Trooper---corsair AX860---OCZ vertex 4 256GB--WD BE 1TB

http://bitcoin.sipa.be/speed-lin-ever.png

Here's a nice cart of the bitcoin difficulty since it was launched. Each section of the graph represents 6 months. As you can clearly see the difficulty is currently skyrocketing to keep up with the current rise in popularity. You can guesstimate what the difficulty will be in several months. You will quickly see that the several months to pay off turns into a lot longer.

CryptoCurrencies are set to release coins into the market at a certain interval. The difficulty changes depending on how much hashing power there is. If there is a lot of hash power the difficulty will go up to maintain the steady stable flow of coins into the market. As ASICS get into the hands of many people, it will instantly drive the difficulty up to match making any speculated earning way off their mark.

The only way the speculated earnings of an ASIC are true would be if you were able to get one today, and nobody else had one. All the speculative profit margins are done using todays difficulty.

An ASIC will keep you competitive in the mining game. But it will not give you an edge because most dedicated miners will have one.

BFL, scam or not was a horribly set up company that screwed a lot of people over and have lost a lot of trust in the community. Buy any of their products at your own risk.. Expect massive delays.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

I hope to be wrong about BFL,

with the money spend pre-ordering ASIC, you would have been better building two GPU miners, and by now you would be getting profit out of your MINERS, just saying. it is better a GPU miner running that 120GHS preorder + ~5000 US$ not producing any more money.

Looking around,

I hope to be wrong about BFL,

with the money spend pre-ordering ASIC, you would have been better building two GPU miners, and by now you would be getting profit out of your MINERS, just saying. it is better a GPU miner running that 120GHS preorder + ~5000 US$ not producing any more money.

at the time of pre order I only had to pay 1300 each unit, I already I have a bunch of gpu going at 13-14ghs on cooler days lol. I've been mining with these same gpu since march 2011, though had quite a few rma with PSU and mother boards

Main Rig:
I7 3820 @ 4.3GHZ---Corsair H100i---EVGA X79 FTW---DDR3 2133 16GB--- Asus GTX 780 DCII--CM Storm Trooper---corsair AX860---OCZ vertex 4 256GB--WD BE 1TB

at the time of pre order I only had to pay 1300 each unit, I already I have a bunch of gpu going at 13-14ghs on cooler days lol. I've been mining with these same gpu since march 2011, though had quite a few rma with PSU and mother boards

I hope you get the BFL soon!, but economically speaking I would prefer to have those 2600 producing money instead of having them freeze for that long. 

wow, since 2011 you did ride the wave in is early rising!  

Good Luck bro!

Looking around,