Just got Plex set up and running.

cab11150904

This is an absolutely amazing program!  I am going to be using to it share to my iPad and then send it to my Chromecast in the bedroom so I don't have to drag my TV between the 2 or run lines.  

This is an absolutely amazing program!  I am going to be using to it share to my iPad and then send it to my Chromecast in the bedroom so I don't have to drag my TV between the 2 or run lines.  

It's really good, I have a Synology NAS setup with Plex and it's amazing. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

It's really good, I have a Synology NAS setup with Plex and it's amazing. 

What kind of router do you have your NAS hooked up to and are you getting smooth streaming? I'd love a NAS I could set up on the cheapish and not have to leave my only PC on for now.

I have a Plex Server on my desktop, its so easy to share in my living room. Love the interface for the clients.

• 4 weeks later...

Another +1 for Plex. Lifetime Plexpass Member and have been using it for over a year.

It is exactly what I was looking for when I decided I wanted a media server. Tried many others out there but nothing is as easy and works as well as Plex.

My Build - Cpu: Intel i7 4770K @ 4.0Ghz Case: Phanteks Evolv ITX | Motherbord: ASUS Maximus VI ImpactRam: 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro
Video Card: EVGA GTX 760 | Power Supply: Corsair AX760 | Monitors: Dell P2210 | Keyboard: Logitech k270 | Mouse: Logitech M185

The Android app WRECKED battery life on my One M8. Anyone got it working well on other Android devices?

The Android app WRECKED battery life on my One M8. Anyone got it working well on other Android devices?

Not necessarily "working well", but I use this app called Greenify. What it does is hibernates apps that are not in use. So in general it *should* boost battery life by quite a bit. Does not hibernate things such as texts, calls, and alarm clocks, because if it did so, then those things would stop working.

You can use the app with no root, but if your phone is rooted, then you can get extra features.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.oasisfeng.greenify

COMIC SANS

It did perfectly fine on my M7. Haven't set it up on my G2 yet.

It did perfectly fine on my M7. Haven't set it up on my G2 yet.

A fellow G2 owner!

:o 

Although I'm soon getting rid of my G2 to upgrade to the G3. Still counts though! Love to see people with this phone, because honestly, it's just a great phone. 

COMIC SANS

A fellow G2 owner!

:o

Although I'm soon getting rid of my G2 to upgrade to the G3. Still counts though! Love to see people with this phone, because honestly, it's just a great phone.

I would rather have this than the G3.

I would rather have this than the G3.

How come? If you don't mind me asking...

COMIC SANS

How come? If you don't mind me asking...

Mostly battery issues and the screen is not needed to me. Just not a big enough step up.

Mostly battery issues and the screen is not needed to me. Just not a big enough step up.

Fair enough. Although for the battery issues, I'm fixing that by getting a 9,000mAh battery. Muhahaha!

COMIC SANS

Fair enough. Although for the battery issues, I'm fixing that by getting a 9,000mAh battery. Muhahaha!

It's pure evil!!!

Just having the app? Or when it was running?

Running, it worked fine on my Moto-X (2013). I don't notice any worse drain than Netflix, youtube, or other streaming app. I do not have the camera backup or the sync features turned on on my phone, I would imagine both of those could kill a battery.

(Disclaimer, I haven't used it on my phone since my last bit of traveling in June).

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200