I am confused ! need a new case

frozeefrank

Hello,

I have a H440 from NZXT and I love it. All my fans are tuned at very low speed, it is  very quiet(even though silent is better) it is great. But, I'll be running out of HDD mounts very soon. I started to keep all my clients files(video, music,etc) on my computer for them but it is taking space. I currently have 4/6HDD mount populated and the 6th one at the bottom is mainly use to hide all the useless cables from my non-modular Antec 900W(overkill for my build and not very efficient). I also find myself opening the side pannel to connect a CD drive to my computer once in a while(some old clients still think that CD-ROM is the best way to swap data --.--) Anyway, I like to have all my stuff in one place and after the years, I started to dislike external peripherals like USB HDD or CD drives.

The plan is to change my power supply, probably for a RM 650w, get some nice white sleeved cable + some white neons to fit in the case. I will add 1-2 WD green for extra storage in a near future and on the long term, prorbably swap every green I have for a massive RAID of WD red. ATM I need around 500Gb for my games(covered with my 1st WD velociraptor),500Gb of workspace(covered with my 2nd velociraptor) and around 4Tb of storage(covered ,at the moment, by to WD Green) and the storage requirement is going up very quickly.

I need a new case. I want it to have great airflow for my components, great storage capacity, a nice side window to show off all the hard work and at least 1 5.25inch slot.

I was looking for the 760T from corsair but i'm not sold yet.

I'm ready to speed up to 200$ CAN for this case so I don't think i'm very limited.

I need suggestions!!!

Thank you for your time.

What YOU need good sire is a NAS storage, not to transplant your entire PC to a different case but to get a small external enclosure for network storage that you can pump full of HDDs. Maybe use a RAID setup for redundancy or speed.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

What YOU need good sire is a NAS storage, not to transplant your entire PC to a different case but to get a small external enclosure for network storage that you can pump full of HDDs. Maybe use a RAID setup for redundancy or speed.

either synology or q-nap as they are externa andare easy backup

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Never used a NAS before. Is there a way to manage a NAS the same way I manage my drive atm. With some files and folders being shared to specific Login IDs and stuff like that ?

I just checked on newegg and nas with more than 2 Bays are very expensive... unless I'm not looking at the right place.

Edited by frozeefrank

I would recomend you a nas, but if you want all your hdd in the same case as your system i would get the CoolerMaster HAF Stacker 935 so you can put all your hdd in the little case and you would still have grate air flow for your other compounents.

Damn you stole my idea! :P I was about to say the same, and he can stack as many 915 as we want.

PC : | CPU: Intel 4790K | COOLER: Corsair H105 w/ JetFlo's Push/Pull | MOBO: EVGA Z97 Classified | GPU: EVGA FTW 4GB GTX 970 X2 | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 1866Mhz 32GB | CASE: HAF Stacker 945 | PSU: Corsair AX1500i | DISPLAY: Asus MX299Q | SSD: 2 X Corsair Neutron GTX 480 GB in RAID0 | mSATA SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500 GB | HDD: 4 X Western Digital RED 4 TB in JBOD |

yea ... that case is fckin huge tho... lol...

I would recomend you a nas, but if you want all your hdd in the same case as your system i would get the CoolerMaster HAF Stacker 935 so you can put all your hdd in the little case and you would still have grate air flow for your other compounents.