AMD FX-4200 or intel core i3-4130?

i want to save money as much as i can,so i know the core i3 is better,but not that much,so im thinking about getting the amd processor instead of the core i3 to save some money,so what do you think guys??

i will buy at least 400W PSU,and a gtx 650 1bg ddr5

the amd is 3.3 GHZ with 4 cores, the core i3 is 2 cores with 3.4 GHZ

i want to save money as much as i can,so i know the core i3 is better,but not that much,so im thinking about getting the amd processor instead of the core i3 to save some money,so what do you think guys??

Neither. Get Athlon X4 860K or Pentium G3258

"Rawr XD"

Why not a X4 860K instead?

i didnt knew about it,but i guess its better than both and kinda the same price!

thanks my friend :D

Neither. Get Athlon X4 860K or Pentium G3258

but i guess the 860k is better right?

but i guess the 860k is better right?

860K is better if you don't do a lot of overclocking, better performance out of the box or if you just want to overclock it a bit

G3258 is better if you're willing to spend the time and effort to overclock it as much as possible

"Rawr XD"

860K is better if you don't do a lot of overclocking, better performance out of the box or if you just want to overclock it a bit

G3258 is better if you're willing to spend the time and effort to overclock it as much as possible

I've heard that some people were getting 4.8Ghz out of the 860K, which was surprising since it's made on the GloFo 28nm process.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I've heard that some people were getting 4.8Ghz out of the 860K, which was surprising since it's made on the GloFo 28nm process.

If you get a good chip in the silicon lottery then AMD chips can overclock like hell

"Rawr XD"

Serously though I just put together a Pentium G3258 OC to 4.4 and a R9 270 and it does pretty well

To the OP the G3258 is the anniversary edition of the pentium and Intel unlocked it. beats the i3 when its overclocked. However not all 1150 boards will overclock it

Serously though I just put together a Pentium G3258 OC to 4.4 and a R9 270 and it does pretty well

To the OP the G3258 is the anniversary edition of the pentium and Intel unlocked it. beats the i3 when its overclocked. However not all 1150 boards will overclock it

are you sure about that?

i mean, if we gonne talk about cpu + gpu demending games, like BF4 multiplayer, Metro, and such.

I think the HT of the i3 will get handy in those games.

But the pentium G is basicly not a bad chip for its money.

It will handle gpu bound games totaly fine. and some cpu bound games that only use up to 2 threads will also be fine.

But for cpu + gpu bound scenario´s like multiplayer BF4 or Crysis 3 multiplayer, i think the i3 over the pentium would be a better choice. But Basicly for these kind of gaming scenario´s an i5 is more suitable.

are you sure about that?

i mean, if we gonne talk about cpu + gpu demending games, like BF4 multiplayer, Metro, and such.

I think the HT of the i3 will get handy in those games.

But the pentium G is basicly not a bad chip for its money.

It will handle gpu bound games totaly fine. and some cpu bound games that only use up to 2 threads will also be fine.

But for cpu + gpu bound scenario´s like multiplayer BF4 or Crysis 3 multiplayer, i think the i3 over the pentium would be a better choice. But Basicly for these kind of gaming scenario´s an i5 is more suitable.

You are correct sir. Sorry I got a little excited for a minute. Ill dial it back a notch

Intel G3258 or i3. Then later you can get another chip to upgrade. The Athlon is done

As if Broadwell IPC is going to improve dramatically. Skylake is what everyone is waiting for, Broadwell is just a die shrink of the Haswell architecture.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

The highest clock on hwbot is 4.8GHz. The average OC will be closer to 4.4 :P

As said the 860k is a good choice, although I'd get a different GPU GTX650 is a terrible value.

How much is GTX650 in your area and how much is R7 250X and R7 260X? 

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I had a couple of 4200s from my mum and dad's computers and in Cinebench they said that they were 2 core 4 threaded processors. It may be that they are just like the i3, just with HyperThreading.

Main Rig: Intel i7 3930k @4.0GHz---8GB Ballistix @1600MHz---Asus P9X79 Pro---Samsung 840 Pro 128GB---3TB HDD Config---2x GTX 780Ti 3GB---Windows 7 Ultimate

Laptop: Late 2012 13" Retina MacBook Pro---2.5GHz Dual i5---8GB DDR3 @1600MHz---128GB PCI-E SSD---Intel HD4000 1GB---OSX 10.10 Yosemite

Phone: Nexus 4

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I had a couple of 4200s from my mum and dad's computers and in Cinebench they said that they were 2 core 4 threaded processors. It may be that they are just like the i3, just with HyperThreading.

you are a tiny littlebit wrong.

The FX4200 is a real quadcore processor.

However AMD FX processors work with modules. They have 2 modules with each 2 physical cores, sharing cache and a FPU.

This means that its basicly a true quadcore, But does not fully work like one.

It all depends on whether or not you're thinking of upgrading in the future. If you are go for the i3 as it has a better upgrade path. If not i assume that the 4 cores will probably help your build be more future proof

i3, no question!

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |