Weird monitor flickering

TristanK

Hi,

I'm experiencing some sort of flickering on my monitor. I have no idea what it is or what is causing it. This started to appear app a week ago. I haven't done any changes on  my PC that would matter. If anyone has any idea of what this could be please help me.

You can see it here

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

what do you mean i didnt see anything? can you describe the flicker closer maybe tell us where in the video it occurs

Is this on a laptop? cuz I had the same problem with a friends laptop that I reformatted...

if it is a laptop screen, then try lowering the brightness, cuz strangely that fixed it for me... ._.

Potatoes are the bacon of vegetables... nuff' said

MOBO: Asrock H67DE3, CPU: Intel Core i5 2400 @3.1GHz, GPU: Asus GTS 450 DirectCU Silent, Ram: 16gb 1333MHz, HDD: WD 1TB Green, PSU: 500 watt

Is this on a laptop? cuz I had the same problem with a friends laptop that I reformatted...

if it is a laptop screen, then try lowering the brightness, cuz strangely that fixed it for me... ._.

the brightness is not recorded by the capturing software though, but he says he caught it on video which then would not make sense...

I can't see anything on the video mate. If there is a problem with the screen itself then it wouldn't show up on a video. Try removing the display cable (HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort etc...) from both the monitor and graphics card then plugg it back in, make sure it's nice and tight.

I can't see anything on the video mate. If there is a problem with the screen itself then it wouldn't show up on a video. Try removing the display cable (HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort etc...) from both the monitor and graphics card then plugg it back in, make sure it's nice and tight.

what do you mean i didnt see anything? can you describe the flicker closer maybe tell us where in the video it occurs

Lol how can you not see it. It is on video. horizontal short lines mostly green 1 - 1,5 cm in lenght multiple lines flickering all the time. Mostly on dark background. On the desktop I cant see it. I can only see it in some games and in virtual machines etc.

It is a PC not a laptop. The specs are in my signature

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

Damnit, I just tried an older monitor now and there is no flickering. Grrrr, damn I dont know if I still have warranty :/

Specs: 

Spoiler

Lol how can you not see it. It is on video. horizontal short lines mostly green 1 - 1,5 cm in lenght multiple lines flickering all the time. Mostly on dark background. On the desktop I cant see it. I can only see it in some games and in virtual machines etc.

It is a PC not a laptop. The specs are in my signature

Well you can only see it because the screen itself is fucked, it looks normal to us because ours is fine....

I found out what the issue was. It was a bad DVI-D to HDMI cable. as soon as I put a normal DVI cable there....no more issues. YAY :)

Specs: 

Spoiler