Hard tube won't fit into fittings

vong

Hey guys,

Just bought a bunch of Bitspower hard tube compression fittings along with some of their tubing. Tubing is 16mm OD and the fittings are for 16mm OD tubing but they don't seem to fit. I've beveled the ends of the tubing but the tubing doesn't get past the o ring in the fitting.

Has anybody used these fittings? Any tips?

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_160_300_1682&products_id=29036

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_160_1695&products_id=29034

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Have you beveled the edges? Also try a little water the end so it can side in with out tearing the Oring

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Hey guys,

Just bought a bunch of Bitspower hard tube compression fittings along with some of their tubing. Tubing is 16mm OD and the fittings are for 16mm OD tubing but they don't seem to fit. I've beveled the ends of the tubing but the tubing doesn't get past the o ring in the fitting.

Has anybody used these fittings? Any tips?

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_160_300_1682&products_id=29036

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=207_160_1695&products_id=29034

Use a pair of callipers to confirm the tubing is actual 16mm and not nominal 16mm, also sometimes it can be a manufacturing tolerance which can result in errors, if it's the same it should fit use some lubricant like water or soak the fitting with the orings in hot water to see if it softens up the rubber on it.

Have you beveled the edges? Also try a little water the end so it can side in with out tearing the Oring

Yep, used Monsoon's bevel thing. I've tried using water to help the tube go in but it doesn't make much of a difference.

Use a pair of callipers to confirm the tubing is actual 16mm and not nominal 16mm, also sometimes it can be a manufacturing tolerance which can result in errors, if it's the same it should fit use some lubricant like water or soak the fitting with the orings in hot water to see if it softens up the rubber on it.

Don't have calipers unfortunately. Tube seems to fit just before the o-ring though.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Ok, another silly question, have you unscrewed the fitting before trying to fit it? The compression part of it?

@vong

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Ok, another silly question, have you unscrewed the fitting before trying to fit it? The compression part of it?

@vong

Yes, of course. The compression part fits fine over the tube. I put the compression part on the tube first then the o-ring for it and try to put it into the fitting.

Yes, of course. The compression part fits fine over the tube. I put the compression part on the tube first then the o-ring for it and try to put it into the fitt

Take the o-ring out of the base fitting and try fitting it in. If it does not slide in easily, then I would contact PC case gear and let them know.

If it does slide in, try swapping out the o-rings to the spare that should have come with the fittings.

Yes, of course. The compression part fits fine over the tube. I put the compression part on the tube first then the o-ring for it and try to put it into the fitting.

Take the o-ring out of the base fitting and try fitting it in. If it does not slide in easily, then I would contact PC case gear and let them know.

If it does slide in, try swapping out the o-rings to the spare that should have come with the fittings.

It sounds likethe tubing is marginally oversized, this has been an issue whereby some batches have lower tolerances causing it to be bigger or smaller than specified,either that or something is up with the size of the O-rings they used as Maxwit44 has said.