Lenovo Yoga 3 PRO?

Dubesta11

I am looking to purchase a laptop for collage/personal use around the end of February, and I am starting to get ideas now. What do you guys think of this:

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/lenovo/yoga-laptop-series/yoga-3-pro-laptop/#tab-features

Features:

Performance for Work and Play with Intel® Core™ M Processors

The Intel® Core™ M processor is the ideal processor for multimode devices and others that require high performance with great energy efficiency.

Windows 8.1

Built for business. Built for life. The new Windows brings together everything you do across all your devices — whether at home, at work, or on the go. With Windows 8.1 Pro, you get everything in Windows 8.1, plus enhanced security features like trusted boot, improved biometric support, backup to SkyDrive, and more.

Multiple Ways to Use Your Yoga

Yoga 3 Pro is the world’s most adaptable PC. It features four different ways for you to do what you want: Laptop, Stand, Tent, or Tablet. The secret: Yoga 3 Pro's unique design and touchscreen display allows the screen to flip around 360 degrees.

Watchband-Inspired Hinge

Crafted from 813 individual pieces of aluminum and steel, the Yoga 3 Pro’s watchband-inspired hinge looks great and optimizes your experience no matter which way you use it. What's more, it offers enhanced stability so you can enjoy a great touchscreen experience — and even lay your Yoga flat at a 180 degree angle.

Thin and Light Design; Long Battery Life

Starting at a mere 2.6 lbs and just 0.5" thin, the Yoga 3 Pro is ultraportable — it's perfect for doers on the go. And with up to 9 hours of battery life, you can go all day without recharging.

Yoga Harmony

Yoga Harmony adapts to you by intuitively optimizing settings, making app recommendations by mode, and sharing statistics about how you use the device.

Quad HD+ Display

The Yoga 3 Pro's super-high-resolution QHD+ (3200 x 1800) 10-point multitouch display delivers spectacular visuals, while in-plane switching (IPS) technology assures that images will be crisp across a wide viewing angle.

Ultrafast Internet Speeds

The Yoga 3 Pro features a/c WiFi for internet speeds up to 3 times faster than 802.11n.

Intelligent Audio

Premium JBL® speakers and Waves Audio work together to deliver an immersive sound experience no matter which way you use your Yoga 3 Pro.

So to sum it up it looks like its a laptop that can be used as a tablet, features a new Intel CPU, HD 5300 graphics (I wonder how good that will do with gaming), has a 8-9 hour battery life, is very portable, and has a high resolution screen.

For the 1300 or so, whats better than this, or just as good for cheaper? I would love to be able to do some gaming on it at the native resolution.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

Looks pretty sweet but I'd probably wait to see what their Thinkpad line comes with. I mean, that thinness is amazing, but I can't help but think that a slightly thicker laptop with more expansion and connectivity...and larger battery...would be just that much sweeter.

9 hours never lasts 9 hours. The more you can get, the better you'll be.

I imagine to get through a full 8 or 9 hour day it needs at least a quoted 16 hour battery life.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Looks pretty sweet but I'd probably wait to see what their Thinkpad line comes with. I mean, that thinness is amazing, but I can't help but think that a slightly thicker laptop with more expansion and connectivity...and larger battery...would be just that much sweeter.

9 hours never lasts 9 hours. The more you can get, the better you'll be.

I imagine to get through a full 8 or 9 hour day it needs at least a quoted 16 hour battery life.

I would be fine with a solid 4-5 hours, understandably that you won't get the full battery out of it. The purpose of it would be for engineering, coding, and gaming, so I might also want something with a little more beef. But this is amazing for what it looks like.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

I would be fine with a solid 4-5 hours, understandably that you won't get the full battery out of it. The purpose of it would be for engineering, coding, and gaming, so I might also want something with a little more beef. But this is amazing for what it looks like.

I do love the look of the hinge, though...with all things complex..I wonder how it'll stand up. I mean, yes, it's very well made. But instead of a few points of failure, now there's what, over 800?

You can get most ultrabooks and get away with 4 hours of battery life, depending of course what you do. Gaming, not a chance. It's too intensive.

The Lenovo T series can have insane battery life, hopefully when it gets Broadwell it gets even better.

I get about 4:30 hours of heavy wifi use with my Series 9. That's with a 2 or 3 year old machine, so taking battery degradation into account it's pretty decent.

I don't forsee needing to buy another one or a few more years.

Next few years will be seriously interesting in the tech world!

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I have the Thinkpad Yoga and if you need a pen or want to use a pen I would wait for the thinkpad yoga 2/3 and wait for that, it will be worth it for the pen and just 1080p screen so you dont have to worry about scaling issues. The keyboard is apparently better that the yoga 2 pro so I assume the new thinkpad yoga would have a better keyboard. It finds a balance between the yoga and the features of thinkpads. 

PC: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/lbrwnie/saved/4iSW

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga

Phone: Moto X Play 16GB White