Low FPS on HIGH END PC

I've got an intel core i7 4790K, an asus maximus vii formula, and a samsung 850 SSD. Before I got my graphics card I used to get 40-60 fps, maximum setting on minecraft. But since I got my GTX 690, high frame rates only come when I am on 2 chunk render distance. I have looked at performance and my CPU and GPU are at very stable temperatures. Also my graphics card only seems to stay at 500mhz when I'm on a high render distance and only go to 1000mhz on the 2 chunk render distance. 

On my 32 chunk render distance with maximum settings I only get 20-40 FPS. And when I max out Crysis 3 at 1080p, I am able to get 45-60 fps. Why?

Just to make this clear. I have updated all my Intel drivers, all my Nvidia drivers and my java (which is 64-bit).

Have you tried other games yet, do you experience the same problem?

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

i get the same issue but i have an i3 2120 and a 7870 xt, bugs me as well no clue as to what the issue is i blame java se binary

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Try reinstall drivers, if it doesn't help, then reinstall whole windows & see if it helps.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

What are your temps?

have you changed anything else, maybe in terms of software since you installed the new card?

Also, Minecraft might have a problem with SLi ^^

So go into the Nvidia Control Panel and under 3D Settings > Set SLI and PhysX Settings > Disable SLI

There are some other suggestions in this thread: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/support/unmodified-minecraft-client/158135-nvidia-sli-with-minecraft

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

In battlefield, assassins creed and skyrim I have beautiful FPS, and I have tried reinstalling the drivers. Also my temps for GPU are between 66 and 75, and CPU varies from 55-80

I've disabled a GPU but still no change in FPS :(

try optifine mod (the 'ultra' edition i think)

Optifine may work, but I'm playing on version  1.8 which optifine doesn't yet support, and also with a 4790K and a GTX 690, I shouldn't even need optifine

I have the same problem as well and i have an i7 4820k and a gtx 760. I dont know why im getting lag!

Do you have the render distance to 32 chunks? If so, turn that shit down to 14-16, as it's the only stable / high chunk rate Minecraft will do. The game literally can't handle that render distance on any machine, because Java. In fact, their recent dev blog said that 1.8.1 will be focusing on performance, because they know they've fucked the game up since 1.7 in terms of performance. Hell, in 1.9 they teased that they're completely changing the per-block shadow rendering to a real time dynamic shader, so that it's not calculating on every single block, and instead a much better looking, super performance friendly shader / shadow system. One of the biggest mistakes they made in 1.7.10 and still never fixed (likely addressing in 1.8.1) was that per-block-shadows were being rendered on every single block, even if they weren't able to be seen, or have unloaded. 

Intel i7-3770k (Stock Clocks), Asrock Pro3 Gen3 Z68, Corsair Vengeance (4x4) 16GB 1600 MHz, EVGA GTX 980 SC (Reference Cooler), Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200 RPM, Corsair HX750, Windows 7 Home Premium.

Do you have the render distance to 32 chunks? If so, turn that shit down to 14-16, as it's the only stable / high chunk rate Minecraft will do. The game literally can't handle that render distance on any machine, because Java. In fact, their recent dev blog said that 1.8.1 will be focusing on performance, because they know they've fucked the game up since 1.7 in terms of performance. Hell, in 1.9 they teased that they're completely changing the per-block shadow rendering to a real time dynamic shader, so that it's not calculating on every single block, and instead a much better looking, super performance friendly shader / shadow system. One of the biggest mistakes they made in 1.7.10 and still never fixed (likely addressing in 1.8.1) was that per-block-shadows were being rendered on every single block, even if they weren't able to be seen, or have unloaded. 

I turned the render distance down to 14 chunks, and now I'm getting 900 fps. Thanks.