what games to get

ixiboneheadixi

what are some good free or f2p or cheap games that are multiplayer(such as shooters) that have an active community. i love PC gaming but find that consoles still have one huge advantage, and that is that in almost every lobby 80% or more of all the players have mics and are talking, i like to play games and talk to my teammates, it is part of what makes me play multiplayer more then single player, i dont play multiplayer for the challenge of the AI i play it for the fun and social experience. so anyone know any free or cheap online games with a decently active community that actually voice chats 

You could try joining a platoon in Planetside 2 or something equivalent to that in Defiance. I don't know much about Defiance, but I hear you can get pretty solid teams going. For Planetside 2, the larger platoons are fairly active and coordinate large attacks often.

depending on the server/you having friends TF2 has a plenty talkative community

there's also a text chat on most PC games so communication shouldn't really be an issue

its not just communication i find it more fun to play games whilst talking to teammates especially if you regularly play with a lot of the same people/ 

Its not free but its cheap. CSGO if you play comp (once you have practiced a bit) there will be people with mics guaranteed. Ive made 4 mates in the last couple weeks that i play with alot

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Basically what you're describing is Dota-style games (MOBAs) and CS.  Though for games like Dota, stacking is pretty much a must if you want to communicate, people rarely use the in-game mic system.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh