My first Build, Parts.

tboxy

700w unit is overkill if you only are getting one GPU. As for a GPU since you have a pretty baller system, 7950 or 670.

Ever heard of PCPartPicker? xD Just kidding dude. But seriously..use it ;)

I would just get the Samsung 830. The performance you gain isn't drastic and if you were going to buy an 840 drive, I would go with the pro series. You could also save your money and get only 2 sticks of RAM. 16GB really isn't necessary. The STX is a great soundcard for high-end headphones. Not sure about your 7H's though but if your planning on getting a pair of nice headphones down the line, then sure :) Might as well say this too, the Logitech G9X is an amazing mouse, really. I've had mine for 3 years almost and it's been holding strong! You'll like it for sure.

Good luck on the graphics card! Post pictures if you can :)

I would just get the Samsung 830. The performance you gain isn't drastic and if you were going to buy an 840 drive, I would go with the pro series. You could also save your money and get only 2 sticks of RAM. 16GB really isn't necessary. The STX is a great soundcard for high-end headphones. Not sure about your 7H's though but if your planning on getting a pair of nice headphones down the line, then sure :) Might as well say this too, the Logitech G9X is an amazing mouse, really. I've had mine for 3 years almost and it's been holding strong! You'll like it for sure.

Thanks man

I chose this ASUS GeForce GTX 670 DirectCU II OC

700w unit is overkill if you only are getting one GPU. As for a GPU since you have a pretty baller system, 7950 or 670.
Nonsense! How does it affect the system? It wont pull more power or make more noise, on the other hand, it should leave headroom and then the chances of overheating would be close to zero. It just gives you the option to expand your system later. Maybe he will decide to add another graphics card, or a ton of cold cathodes? So why not leave some headroom just in case?

I don't know what's worse, the Comic Sans or the URL's. Anyway, for the same price you can change the PSU over to the Silverstone Strider Plus 600w. It's fully modular and 80Silver (not that that means much) and will make building easier. Also if you ever want to clean out the PSU, you don't have to take your system apart to do so. As for your SSD's, the 840's have relatively low write speeds in comparison with others. If you want around $100, then the Intel 330, Samsung 830 or Sandisk Extreme all have my vote.

Have fun :)

Nonsense! How does it affect the system? It wont pull more power or make more noise' date=' on the other hand, it should leave headroom and then the chances of overheating would be close to zero. It just gives you the option to expand your system later. Maybe he will decide to add another graphics card, or a ton of cold cathodes? So why not leave some headroom just in case?[/quote']

So why not get a 1200w unit. Jeesh some people don't know how to save money, or put wasted money into better parts.

Power supplies are most efficient around 50% load, if you only draw a small fraction of its rated power, it will waste energy.

I would also vote for saving some money on the PSU getting lower wattage and using that money elsewhere in the build.

pretty sure he was being facetious

I first heard of pcpartpicker from this forum, after I'd built my pc, turns out that using pcpartpicker would've cost me about £65 (100 USD) over actually doing in depth research

PCPartPicker doesn't always suggest the best price, but what I was saying was that it organizes the components very well and would be easier to read.