AC4BFSP.exe has stopped working...

Randilio1
Go to solution Solved by Linusinium,

If uplay is not the problem and nothing else helped, do you have the game on a external drive? Most modern ubi games only run when installed on internal drives

Every time I launch this game I get the error message in the title.

How can I start playing my favourite console game on PC.

FYI:

I've tried a driver change (rollback) and the newest amd drivers as supplied by Raptr.

Tried the game save delete and not downloading game saves from cloud servers.

And even uninstalled uPlay completely.

Crashes after less than a second of game intro.

Any help is appreciated :)

Lewis

Try removing the AC4BFSP.exe from the game folder then try starting the game again, it should fix the problem by downloading a new one or you might have to download the game completely from the uplay (bested to backup your game saves before you do anything)

Cry Havoc!

Try removing the AC4BFSP.exe from the game folder then try starting the game again, it should fix the problem by downloading a new one or you might have to download the game completely from the uplay (bested to backup your game saves before you do anything)

How am I going to start the game without the exe being in the game directory? :L

https://www.google.ca/search?q=AC4BFSP.exe&oq=AC4BFSP.exe&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i61l2&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8

Seriously I hate saying this but Google it.  There seems to be loads on the subject.

I'm aware of that. Was my first port of call. Was looking for slightly more bespoke offerings from the LTT community.

Tried everything that I could find and I'm just so puzzled that I came here.

How am I going to start the game without the exe being in the game directory? :L

from uplay, select AC IV from the list of games and it will tell you there files missing it it should download/update and the game will run, had to do this for settlers 7 2 years a go after an update.

Cry Havoc!

If uplay is not the problem and nothing else helped, do you have the game on a external drive? Most modern ubi games only run when installed on internal drives

This is LTT. One cannot force "style over substance" values & agenda on people that actually aren't afraid to pop the lid off their electronic devices, which happens to be the most common denominator of this community. Rather than take shots at this community in every post, why not seek out like-minded individuals elsewhere?