People with headphones in buses and public opinion

Gala

I'm thinking of headphones too but for different reasons: Noise isolation is crap on earbuds and if I put the volume loud enough that I can hear it and not the noise from the streets and buses I'm really hurting my ears and then proceed to have a headache and ear pain for the rest of the day, so I want something with noise cancelation/isolation to still be able to hear music at lower volumes

-------

Current Rig

-------

Why are EDM listeners all ashamed what they listen to....i think we should be proud that we avoid the mainstream stuff.... :D

Because some people are assholes and say something like "You call that music? What is that garbage? Listen to something real like *insert "real" music artist here* etc. 

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Sorry nothing against you personally but over 60% of >$100 headphones sold are Beats...Let's face it, they're a fashion product as much as they are headphones, but regardless, we shouldn't be considering every Beats user a "fake douche" just because they like the design, like bass and are not audiophiles...

Sorry, are you a beats user?? Because you sound like one.

People that buy beats don't buy it for the sound,just for the fashion. Which make them fake douche. Did you ever heard a beats user talk how great they sound with the mids and the low etc etc etc???? me neither dude.

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

as long as there not beats then i dont care :P

absolutely agree, people who wear beats in public just look like sheep. Using it as a fashion statement (which they kinda are, I mean they dont sound that good for the price) 

I use earphones in the bus and nobody cares because at least in New Zealand everyone on the bus who uses headphones uses earphones except that one person.

Hmmm...

@Gala, understandable, everybody is different, yo! I have very sweaty hands, for example, kinda like Luke...

:P

I'm thinking of headphones too but for different reasons: Noise isolation is crap on earbuds and if I put the volume loud enough that I can hear it and not the noise from the streets and buses I'm really hurting my ears and then proceed to have a headache and ear pain for the rest of the day, so I want something with noise cancelation/isolation to still be able to hear music at lower volumes

Yeah sound escaping sucks.

Because some people are assholes and say something like "You call that music? What is that garbage? Listen to something real like *insert "real" music artist here* etc. 

I heard this so many times it got so boring...

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

People that buy beats don't buy it for the sound,just for the fashion. Which make them fake douche. Did you ever heard a beats user talk how great they sound with the mids and the low etc etc etc???? me neither dude.

absolutely agree, people who wear beats in public just look like sheep. Using it as a fashion statement (which they kinda are, I mean they dont sound that good for the price) 

The hate on Beats by. Dre in this topic is growing strong holy shit!

What do you think about Sonyyy??

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

I think Sony's good. I have a pair of their MDR-X05, which I think are also celebrity endorsed, but were at a reasonable price of $150. I don't use them much since I usually only listen to music on-the-go, so I use my earbuds for that. They have great bass for my dubstep-y needs.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I suggest you take something more into the range of at least 100$ if you wanna have something with decent sounds quality

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

i think it's okay , i guess the only issue from it is the sound leaks like hell on huge headphone esp beats & this might be annoying to co-traveller , you know those guys just blast some rookie rapper on full volume, it sound annoying, 

i mean , it's a give or take, it's the point of having freedom isn't it, you can't tell people what to wear or what to hear just because you think it looks ridiculous , i mean what the hell? it's annoying, it's really annoying that time sony XB series was the thing & dudes were having this monster tyre like headsets, seeing that i mean beats atleast looks good comparitively..

Details separate people.

I suggest you take something more into the range of at least 100$ if you wanna have something with decent sounds quality

i think it's okay , i guess the only issue from it is the sound leaks like hell on huge headphone esp beats & this might be annoying to co-traveller , you know those guys just blast some rookie rapper on full volume, it sound annoying, 

i mean , it's a give or take, it's the point of having freedom isn't it, you can't tell people what to wear or what to hear just because you think it looks ridiculous , i mean what the hell? it's annoying, it's really annoying that time sony XB series was the thing & dudes were having this monster tyre like headsets, seeing that i mean beats atleast looks good comparitively..

LOOOOOL yes the are HUGE

Well, any type of headphones sounds better than my Sony XB30 that i currently own...

Nope, and neither did I try to start an argument.. I've tried Beats and they were not SHIT, fine, they have bad mids, but if you listen to dubstep and hiphop and that kinda stuff they sound OK (this is with the Beast Solo for $200). Not an accurate representation of the sound, but acceptable. They're not Audio Technicas by any measure...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

. You're going to be on the bus for a small amount of time, just ignore it. 

I wish ignoring it was possible. And as for time I live in Balerno (a small village just to the west of Edinburgh Scotland) which is three miles passed the city bypass so I am on the bus more than half an hour at a time pretty damn hard to ignore music you really hate going tsh-tsh-tsh all that time.

Think of something you really hate, now imagine someone else imposes that on you, for over half an hour, still think it's easy to "JUST ignore it"?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Nope, and neither did I try to start an argument.. I've tried Beats and they were not SHIT, fine, they have bad mids, but if you listen to dubstep and hiphop and that kinda stuff they sound OK (this is with the Beast Solo for $200). Not an accurate representation of the sound, but acceptable. They're not Audio Technicas by any measure...

Well OK then. For 200$ you can have something better but hey, consumers got to be the consumers.

Well OK then. For 200$ you can have something better but hey, consumers got to be the consumers.

That is very true... But it seems to work out for them somehow (was kinda shocked when I saw MKBHD's video where he brought out the 60% statistic...).

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Yeah i listen to a lot of drum and bass too. When i play the "Breakdown VIP" from Noisestorm on my earphones, everyone turns around :(

Once a guy said "man you could turn that down, i hear everything" LOL

I like your attitude. :D

Well thats an obvious sign then :D

Edit: gotta check that plate out. ;)

who cares...

I wish ignoring it was possible. And as for time I live in Balerno (a small village just to the west of Edinburgh Scotland) which is three miles passed the city bypass so I am on the bus more than half an hour at a time pretty damn hard to ignore music you really hate going tsh-tsh-tsh all that time.

Think of something you really hate, now imagine someone else imposes that on you, for over half an hour, still think it's easy to "JUST ignore it"?

Yes I do. It's either because I find it easy to get lost in meaningless things, like reading a article or just watching the outside pass by in a bus/train, but I think it is easy to block out the outside world and not care about what others do. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Yes I do. It's either because I find it easy to get lost in meaningless things, like reading a article or just watching the outside pass by in a bus/train, but I think it is easy to block out the outside world and not care about what others do. 

Well bully for you I do not find it easy.  It's hard to get lost in an article when you can't even start it due to some Neanderthal playing, what they think of as, 'good' music far too loud/on leaky earbuds so the whole bus has to listen to tsh-tsh-tsh

"This too shall pass"

Well bully for you I do not find it easy.  It's hard to get lost in an article when you can't even start it due to some Neanderthal playing, what they think of as, 'good' music far too loud/on leaky earbuds so the whole bus has to listen to tsh-tsh-tsh

Hey, at least I didn't say deal with it. It's 30 minutes of your life, it's not exactly going to effect you physically or mentally. Or you can get up and ask them or tell them to turn it down if it annoys you that much. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I hate those types... I've had the dishonor of having someone play JB and 1D full blast on leaky ass earphones in a crammed bus... It was loud enough to leak past my in-ears...

I do it, I don't give two shits if people can hear my music, should get drowned out by all the ambient noise anyway.

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K  | Motherboard Asus Sabertooth z97 Mark 1 | RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16gb 1866mhz | GPU EVGA GeForce GTX 980 w/ ACX 2.0 | Case Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window | Storage Western Digital BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB |  PSU Corsiar RM750 | Display(s) Some Acer Things | Cooling Corsair H100i + 5x Noctua NF-F12 industrial 120mm fans(they are freaking load) | Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K95 |  Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound Audio-Technica AD900x + 02+ODAC +AT2020 | OS Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro 

I don't care at all.

Unless wearing Beats.

Then it's a douche or a  marketing sheep.

I can't use In-ears.. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I hate earbuds, so much more uncomfortable than over the ears.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Or you can get up and ask them or tell them to turn it down if it annoys you that much. 

Have you seen some of the Neanderthals that play their music too loud?  Asking them to "turn it down" would be roughly equivalent to going up to them and saying "could you and your five mates stab me please".

"This too shall pass"