Putting my drive from my laptop in my desktop to recover files.

Alright so basically here is the problem I am facing.  I have an HP Elitebook 840 that was given to me by college and when I went to go turn it on today it gave me the error code: 0x0000034 which states: The boot configuration data file is missing some required information. File\BSD .   I was wondering if it would be possible to take out the SSD that is in this laptop and put it in my desktop in order to save some files from it.  I would not use it as a boot drive.  Any advice on this before I take it to my college help desk and they wipe it? P.S. The system I would be putting it in is in my signature if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

Setup

CPU: i7 10700K Cooled By Corsair iCUE H100i Elite Capellix White Edition | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 VISION OC | MOBO: MSI MPG Z490M |

MEMORY: 32 GBs of Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB White CASE: White Lian Li O11 Dynamic Mini PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 W SFX | 

STORAGE: 2 TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD & 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 MONITOR: ASUS TUF VG27WQ1B 

PERIPHERALS: Razer Blackwidow V3 W/ Yellow Switches and Logitech G604 | OTHER: 8x White Corsair iCue QL120 and White Cable Extensions 

Add me on Steam!

Alright so basically here is the problem I am facing. I have an HP Elitebook 840 that was given to me by college and when I went to go turn it on today it gave me the error code: 0x0000034 which states: The boot configuration data file is missing some required information. File\BSD . I was wondering if it would be possible to take out the SSD that is in this laptop and put it in my desktop in order to save some files from it. I would not use it as a boot drive. Any advice on this before I take it to my college help desk and they wipe it? P.S. The system I would be putting it in is in my signature if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

Just hook it up like a normal drive and take what ever files you need.
You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Just hook it up like a normal drive and take what ever files you need.

what he said butt If the laptop had a password on it you may want to google the little script called take ownership that will allow you access to copy these files over easily.