Lian LI launches a double wide case PC-D600

Emperor_Piehead

Lian Li has announced a new double wide chassis with plenty of room for a watercooling loop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pN4NHYH6KZc

Features

-9 5.25 bays

-7 3.5 bays

-6 2.5 bays

-side window

-8 expansion slots

-4 usb 3.0 front io

cons

-PSU not behind motherboard tray

-no paint on internals

Rad support

front- 2x120

top- 1x120 or 1x180

back right 1x120

back left 3x120

No price yet, but this is Lian Li were talking about so $$$

Source- http://www.tweaktown.com/news/30737/lian-li-unveils-massive-pc-d600-pc-chassis/index.html

Source- http://www.tomshardware.com/news/lian-li-pc-d600-dual-compartment-eatx,24263.html

Woww, its a shame the PSU is in the open compartment though :p would be nice to see it on the other side :)

CPU: i5 3570k                                 PSU: CX650 Corsair                 SSD: 128GB Samsung 840

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance     Case: Zalman Z11                    HDD: 500Gb Toshiba & 1TB Western Digital

MOBO: ASrock Extreme 4 Z77        GPU: GTX 770

Woww, its a shame the PSU is in the open compartment though :P would be nice to see it on the other side :)

I was thinking that too make room for more rad space in the top. Also really Lian Li no paint?

I was thinking that too make room for more rad space in the top. Also really Lian Li no paint?

Yeah, would be nice to have a nice plain black internal, makes it look cleaner

CPU: i5 3570k                                 PSU: CX650 Corsair                 SSD: 128GB Samsung 840

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance     Case: Zalman Z11                    HDD: 500Gb Toshiba & 1TB Western Digital

MOBO: ASrock Extreme 4 Z77        GPU: GTX 770

oh wow... i would say, puttin the psu in the back then mounting it on its side would be a better option then putting it in with the main components. it will still allow for stupid amounts of rad space and make it look cleaner... it would also make the case allot shorter making it more LAN friendly

Character artist in the Games industry.

oh wow... i would say, puttin the psu in the back then mounting it on its side would be a better option then putting it in with the main components. it will still allow for stupid amounts of rad space and make it look cleaner... it would also make the case allot shorter making it more LAN friendly

i wouldn't consider a watercooling/server pc case a option for a lan, but then I've seen people take there cosmos 2.

True... im working on a cosmos 2 atm that is going to be built for events :3

Character artist in the Games industry.

In case someone think this is too small google "CaseLabs".

In case someone think this is too small google "CaseLabs".

lol it looks like they were trying to copy caselabs same with the corsair 540d

and.........they had to just ruin it by putting the screws to secure the window on the OUTSIDE.  Complete facepalm on an otherwise nice looking case.

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

and.........they had to just ruin it by putting the screws to secure the window on the OUTSIDE.  Complete facepalm on an otherwise nice looking case.

Lian Li and good looks don't exactly go together well

Looks really elegant and high quality, definitely much better than Corsair's try at double wide cases...

Looks really elegant and high quality, definitely much better than Corsair's try at double wide cases...

Agree corsair is coming at it with too much plastic in the design.

Agree corsair is coming at it with too much plastic in the design.

Yeah, I really hate the aesthetics, it definitely does not belong with the rest of the Obsidian cases. But the most thing I hate is the fact that you can't fit any radiators behind the board as you can with this (there aren't any holes for fans in fact, just a few ventilation holes in the back) , it defeats the purpose of double wide IMO.

Yeah, I really hate the aesthetics, it definitely does not belong with the rest of the Obsidian cases. But the most thing I hate is the fact that you can't fit any radiators behind the board as you can with this (there aren't any holes for fans in fact, just a few ventilation holes in the back) , it defeats the purpose of double wide IMO.

If anything it should go with the graphite series. They want the storage and power supply stuff behind the motherboard and they probably didn't put rad. support since then it would become larger than what they wanted.

I love this design, its perfect, direct fan cooling to what matters, no cages in the way, and honestly shows off exactly what you want to see. Motherboard, GPU, CPU, maybe memory and that's really it!

| Core i5 3570k @4.5GHz | Antec Kuhler 920 | CoolerMaster HAF XM | Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H | Corsair TX750W |  
             | GTX 680 @+165/+690 | OCZ Vertex4 128GB x2 | SB 500GB & 320GB | G.Skill Ripjaw X 8GB DDR3 1866 |

lol it looks like they were trying to copy caselabs same with the corsair 540d

Well, since CaseLabs design is so minimal, it's pretty hard not to look like them but CaseLabs seem to be the better double case even if you don't factor in the accessories they provide.

Well, since CaseLabs design is so minimal, it's pretty hard not to look like them but CaseLabs seem to be the better double case even if you don't factor in the accessories they provide.

Not just that its the heavy watercooling style, cube look, large window.

In addition to Mystikalrush's comment, I like the way the 3X rad space is behind the drives leaving the motherboard alone and clean from too much rad BS, it separates the water cooling cooling from the regular air flow cooling which should be minimal but still desired for sanity sake.

Hopefully everyone has noticed how it is not as deep a case as the traditional towers, so even though its fat (wide, double wide) it is shorter in depth. The Corsair's version only looks bad because of the mess with the power supply (bad cable mgmt), also points out how having the power supply under the mobo will shorten cable runs and cable mess as well or so I would hope.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

hmm... not digging it tbh. I've seen prettier solutions so more space (although not that much more space :D) 

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

This one looks like a rough pre-production model but I am liking these divided cases that manufacturers are coming out with. Personalty i would love to get my hands on one of these style cases, maybe not this one though...  

AMD FX-8350 OC to 4.5ghz      Evga gtx 660       SilverStone FT03      Samsung 840 128gb  

Wow talk about quality. I bet it'll be around $200. Looks like a lot of aluminum.

Wow talk about quality. I bet it'll be around $200. Looks like a lot of aluminum.

lol@$200

take another guess.