Anyone still got the AMD 14.4 install file?

Jack.EXE

windows 7 is refusing to install 14.9, so I need to get back to 14.4, however system restore wont let me go back, as I need to run chkdsk first, and I cant run chkdsk cause some peice of software is preventing me from doing so.

Seriously, WTF windows?

I'd be using Ubuntu or Fedora right now if it weren't for my love of SOE games...

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

It didn't work.

Please excuse me while I go die in a hole.

Consider this my official resignation of the forum.

If I cant even solve a stupid driver issue, I do not deserve the techie title.

It didn't work.

Please excuse me while I go die in a hole.

Consider this my official resignation of the forum.

If I cant even solve a stupid driver issue, I do not deserve the techie title.

Ahh, c'mon man, even if you were being sarcastic I'm sure we can help to figure out what's wrong.

Give us more details to your problem, like error messages and what not. Let's solve it together.

| i5-2500k | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 | G.Skill 8GB | 2x XFX R9 280X | EVGA 1000W G2 Gold |

I get no errors, other than that the drivers were not installed.

everything else was.

just not the drivers.

chkdsk is hounding me to check my disks, but errors out due to a software error.

I cant go back to a restore point cause my disks apparently have errors.

WTFwindows.

I get no errors

chkdsk is hounding me to check my disks, but errors out due to a software error.

I cant go back to a restore point cause my disks apparently have errors.

Yeah... Give us exact error messages, dude. They help a lot. I know you're probably really frustrated right now, but we've all had problems we're unable to solve without help.

| i5-2500k | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 | G.Skill 8GB | 2x XFX R9 280X | EVGA 1000W G2 Gold |

Boot from the Windows CD or a bootable USB drive and enter the recovery console, then run

CHKDSK /F

on your drive that's giving you problems. Make sure it's the correct drive.

Let us know the results.

edit: looks like you already got that suggestion here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/228302-chkdsk-needs-a-system-restore-to-run-system-restore-needs-to-run-chkdsk-first/

but you didn't even bother to reply...

Use DDU to uninstall everything AMD, and set the driver to Windows default, then restart and install CCC 14.4. Works for me.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Boot from the Windows CD or a bootable USB drive and enter the recovery console, then run

CHKDSK /F

on your drive that's giving you problems. Make sure it's the correct drive.

Let us know the results.

edit: looks like you already got that suggestion here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/228302-chkdsk-needs-a-system-restore-to-run-system-restore-needs-to-run-chkdsk-first/

but you didn't even bother to reply...

I fell asleep before this... xD