Building a new rig. Buying parts tomorrow. Need feedback.

H4X3R

I found out that i could still squeeze a little more from my savings account and that would enable my to get X99 :D It will be my personal entry gift to year/grade 11 (basically the last 2 years before the end of, in US terms, high-school)

Super stoked!

Well, here are the parts i am planning to get:

CPU: 5820K

Mobo: X99 UD5H wifi

GPU: G1 gaming gtx 970

CPU Cooler: CM 612 v2

Case: Enthoo Pro

RAM: Crucial 2133 cl15 16GB

PSU: CM VS 650W

Additional Fans: Nanoxia 120mm silent fans

I already have my storage drives (mx100 512GB and 1TB toshiba HDD)

Total cost coming to ± 2100 Euros

Some things to note:

I don't want killer LAN!

I want an LED post readout! (UD4 doesn't have it)

I like to stick with gigabyte for mobos (for X99 in the lower price ranges)

I think 650W will be plenty. I won't be OCing too much.

RAM is expensive but the crucial 16Gb kit seems to be fairly well priced.

The 212 v2 is excellent and stacks up with the d14 (sort of) while being much cheaper (go google a review)

I like the nanoxia fans, they are good value for money here in austria so please don't suggest other fans.

The PSU is also the cheapest for the money (silent, modular and gold rating).

When suggesting a different part, please use https://geizhals.at/?m=1 and chrome for that google translate goodness :P

No fanboying please (eg get corsair memory because they are the best [interesting fact: corsair memory has the highest failure rate]). I would like a good reason that would sway my decision from the current list above.

Oh, and no suggesting Z97.

Keeping those "restrictions" in mind, feel free to comment. If everything seems perfect, then please let me know to confirm that i am making the right purchases.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

your build is one of the most unbalanced builds ever you need a better cpu cooler a better psu get the best mobo that fitts and can you use the german pcpartpicker

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Isn't that mobo incompatible with your cpu? There are no links so I cant tell.

Isn't that mobo incompatible with your cpu? There are no links so I cant tell.

it is also super unbalanced build

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

it is also super unbalanced build

I know im facing it one problem at a time.

your build is one of the most unbalanced builds ever you need a better cpu cooler a better psu get the best mobo that fitts and can you use the german pcpartpicker

CPU cooler is good. Under load a 5960X at 5ghz was sitting at 75*C which is as good as many AOI liquid coolers.

970 uses 220 watts after ocing, the 5820k uses about 200 after a light OC (4ghz) driver and other stuff say about 80 max. I get to 500W AT FULL LOAD OF EVERYTHING. The V series is also made of very high quality components (and the price reflects that, 90 euros/120us$).

Best mobo that fits???? My budget is 2100 and the ud5h is a good combination between price and features.

I cant use the german pcpartpicker (its terrible anyway).

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

I know im facing it one problem at a time.

Probs should mention, X99 ud5h wifi. So it is.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

CPU cooler is good. Under load a 5960X at 5ghz was sitting at 75*C which is as good as many AOI liquid coolers.

970 uses 220 watts after ocing, the 5820k uses about 200 after a light OC (4ghz) driver and other stuff say about 80 max. I get to 500W AT FULL LOAD OF EVERYTHING. The V series is also made of very high quality components (and the price reflects that, 90 euros/120us$).

Best mobo that fits???? My budget is 2100 and the ud5h is a good combination between price and features.

what 5960x did you get to 5 ghz on a hyper 212 it wouldn't be stable as you would need almost stock volts for that

Never the less it is unballenced.

Probs should mention, X99 ud5h wifi. So it is.

ok im redoing a few things brb.

Whats the german pcp link?

http://de.pcpartpicker.com/

Explain how because with mine having a quad 140 on its own loop, was only able to get to 4.7ghz stable. 

what 5960x did you get to 5 ghz on a hyper 212 it wouldn't be stable as you would need almost stock volts for that

Not hyper 212 evo, 612 v2. Its different and more expensive. Mistyped there, sry i fixed it now. Lel 212 evo would be crushed.

Here is a review: http://www.hardwareheaven.com/2014/09/cooler-master-hyper-612-ver2-review/

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Never the less it is unballenced.

ok im redoing a few things brb.

Use the link i provided. The german pcp is way off. In austria there is more tax.

Also, explain how it is unbalanced.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Explain how because with mine having a quad 140 on its own loop, was only able to get to 4.7ghz stable.

Unlucky in the silicon lottery? I got the result from the hardwareheaven review in my post above.
Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Use the link i provided. The german pcp is way off. In austria there is more tax.

Also, explain how it is unbalanced.

You have a $500 cpu with a $300 gpu.

350 EURO cpu with 350 EURO gpu. I wanted to enter x99 and the cheapest is 350 euros.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

If we compare the performance of the 970 to the performance and cost of the 780(before cuts), he has about a 500-600$ gpu.

If we compare the performance of the 970 to the performance and cost of the 780(before cuts), he has about a 500-600$ gpu.

780ti has come down in price he could pic up a couple of those if he wants.

Unlucky in the silicon lottery?

Nope, mine is actually a decently good chip. Not the best, since I'm not a ln2 cooler and the god chips go to reviewers and ln2 people, but it is good.

Not hyper 212 evo, 612 v2. Its different and more expensive. Mistyped there, sry i fixed it now. Lel 212 evo would be crushed.

Here is a review: http://www.hardwareheaven.com/2014/09/cooler-master-hyper-612-ver2-review/

still impossible

I think a 780 titanium is 449usd. Well for the msi tf4 and asus dc2 versions. 

Not in austria, 780tis are still the same price. I also like more vram and the efficient maxwell architecture (power bill was 7000 euros (11000US$) in the past year.

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

Not in austria, 780tis are still the same price. I also like more vram and the efficient maxwell architecture (power bill was 7000 euros (11000US$) in the past year.

stop trolling

The 212 v2 is excellent and stacks up with the d14 (sort of) 

And also sorry to burst this bubble. The only cooler that is able to compare to the d14/d15, minus aio's, is one of the higher end phanteks cooling. Actually the higher end phanteks cooler, is better, and much nicer fans colours. 

stop trolling @woodmaker

Huh? Its not a joke, i can make a pic of the bill!

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4