No display, only CPU fans spin, graphics card fans and chain fans don't spin

Javanautt

Hi, I build a pc for my brother and everything was just fine it booted up in the bios and then I turned it off again to put games on a external harddrive and put it later on that pc, then I wanted to install windows on the pc but I got no signal, the graphics card logo lighted up but the fans didn't spin neither did the case fans, the only fans that spinned were my cpu cooler's fans (corsair H100i if that matters) anyway I hope you guys can help smile.gif 

Hi, I build a pc for my brother and everything was just fine it booted up in the bios and then I turned it off again to put games on a external harddrive and put it later on that pc, then I wanted to install windows on the pc but I got no signal, the graphics card logo lighted up but the fans didn't spin neither did the case fans, the only fans that spinned were my cpu cooler's fans (corsair H100i if that matters) anyway I hope you guys can help smile.gif 

Can you post specs?

Here are a few things to try;

- Make sure the 24pin & 4pin epu power pins are in snug

- Re-seat the ram or try 1 stick at a time

- Unplug any USB but mouse/keyboard 

- Remove the 2032 battery (round battery on mobo) and wait a minute, put it back in and turn PC back on

- If theres onboard video, remove the gpu and use onboard to see if the system posts.

- Make sure the CPU is seated correctly

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Also try on-board display

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

I already tried to remove the battery but it didn't work, my specs are: MSI z97 G43 ,msi gtx 980,i7 4770k,corsair vengeance 8gb, and the cooler is the corsair H100i

but what the strange thing is is that it worked and I turned off and then back on again and it didn't work anymore, I did unplug all usb, and tested if the 24 and (in my case 8pin) where seated correctly and they were, starting to think it's my power supply, it's the corsair RM850 

It shorted on the case most likely. Not strange at all probably a stand off in the wrong place or a wire touching something. It just moved

that's probably it! I just put in the mobo randomly without removing any standoffs btw is that dangerous for the mobo?

well I pulled everything from my mobo I probably damaged it too only to find that all standoffs were placed good BUT when I first put the screws in the mobo I wasn't able to get one in maybe that was the reason? i'm too afraid to put it back on

Leaving a screw out shouldn't cause any problems? bench build it if your concerned, just use the Motherboard box as a Base for the motherboard, this will ensure its not earthing onto anything. 

ICT professional, Addicted to PC

but if it has nothing to do with that what can it be?

Could of bricked it... But thats not always the case. Make sure everything is plugged in properly.

Do a hard restart.

Remove Power plug from pc

Then Turn it on (without being plugged in)

Then plug it back in

Then turn the computer on.

Clear the CMOS as that will reset your BIOS options. 

PC ENTHUSIAST, COMPETITIVE GAMER, GENERAL GAMER

see if u can connect a pc speaker to it as-well, see if its actually beeping an error code at you

but the problem is that it doesn't have windows on it, the last thing I remember is that I was in the bios but it didn't have any os on it yet so I turned it off and later back on, I tried getting the cmos battery out but that didn't help either, the pc turns on the cpu cooler's fans are on 100% 5sec later they are normal, the logo of the graphics card lights on but the fans and the case fans don't turn on and I have no signal

I am refering to the 2 pin speaker header directly on the motherboard near where you have your power button / reset switch 

not the things sat on your desk connected via a 3.5mm jack 

ow :( I don't have a pc speaker, but what if it's bricked? 

You ask the wrong questions. First list all your parts. If it has onboard video use that not a card. These are basic trouble shooting steps. You wanted to build computers and this is what happens. It doesnt alwasy go as planned. If its an intel board check the CPU pins. New people always seam to bend them. But list your parts !!!

Your were asked in the seconcd post to list your specs. But you still havent! I'm done till then