Which Case for a Steambox? [poll]

OnCue

Hey guys, I'm doing a console replacement PC with some parts laying around my house, the total cost of the build will be about $350. Right now I have all the parts selected, except for the case and PSU, and I need some help deciding. 

I've pretty much decided between the Bitfenix Prodigy and the Silverstone Raven RVZ01B. But I am open for suggestions if you guys know any better cases for the ~$60 to ~$90 price point that look good, and are very small.

Here's what I've gotten from researching:

Silverstone: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163252

Pros

-Very small, a little bigger than an Xbone

-PCI-e riser to fit large graphics cards

-Easy to build in

-Good airflow

-Can be oriented vertically or horizontally

Cons

-Very cramped

-Limited watercooling capabilities

-Requires an SFX power supply (Expensive)

Bitfenix Prodigy- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811345016&cm_re=bitfenix_prodigy-_-11-345-016-_-Product

Pros

-Handles for portability

-Watercooling support

-Uses standard ATX Power Supplies

-More room for components to breath

Cons

-Pretty big for a LAN-Box

So what do you guys think? I'm mainly going to be taking the system around to different LANs to play LoL and CS:GO. 

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

If I were to build one I'd do it in a Node 304.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Personaly I would go with Fractal Node 304 as I dont like any of these 2 cases.

If I were to build one I'd do it in a Node 304.

I saw a lot of people online raving about the Node 304. I don't necessarily like the style of it, but I'll keep it under consideration.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

Did you know that the Prodigy is bigger than the Arc Mini R2?

I would get the Node 304 or the Obsidian 250D.

Node 304

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Bitfenix Collossus M (ITX) is the one I'd go for. It is somewhat expensive, but looks so beastly...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

I was able to pick up a Steambox prototype in a Silverstone ML04B and it's pretty nice. One of my customers was the company that powder coated the cases and gave me a nice hook up =D

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Out of those 2 I would go for the Prodigy if you don't mind the size. Max PSU length is 160mm if your not already aware. 

Rvz01, ftz01

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I was able to pick up a Steambox prototype in a Silverstone ML04B and it's pretty nice. One of my customers was the company that powder coated the cases and gave me a nice hook up =D

As nice as this case looks, especially for a HTPC style, you'd have to sacrifice on your GPU since it looks like its only supporting half-height cards. I was heavily considering one of these for a HTPC build but my school gave me an old Lenovo slimline that I could throw a little GPU into if i need acceleration.

the RVZ01 is the best one to get, as it'll easily fit under a monitor (if you like to do that) or in a TV cabinet in your lounge, and will look like it's just a fancy set top box.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim