First Custom Loop Help :-) Anti-corrosive and Kill coil vs. Biocide

Hello everybody :-)

I have recently planned to make my own custom waterloop. So i made a list of hardware for me to get - they are as following:

Radiator: Alphacool XT 45 - all copper radiator (http://www.alphacool.com/product_info.php/info/p973_Alphacool-NexXxoS-XT45-Full-Copper-360mm.html)

GPU BLock: Razor R9 290 Watercooling block - Copper base (and stainless steel top i think) (http://www.xs-pc.com/waterblocks-gpu/razor-r9-290x-290)

Pump, Radiator and CPU Block: H220 from Swiftech with a radiator that has Brass Tubes: http://www.swiftech.com/H220.aspx

Fittings: Nickel Plated alphacool compression fittings.

Y - splitter and drain valve: Brass

So my questions are:

1) Do i need an anticorrosive for this setup?

2) Can i put a silver coil in this setup or will it cause corrosion? And should i then just use a biocide? Like the ones mayhem produce?

Thank you from me! :-D

Oh boy.. first off its important not to mix metals within your loop to avoid complications. Couldn't find any specs on the H220 pump but even tho they claim its expandable im not sure it can handle a loop of that size. Any reason why you want to base your loop on the H220 specifically and not just get a pump rez combo and a decent cpu block from xspc? As for coolant i'd go with one from mayhems they come with all the needed additives.

Edit: H220 pump got 6W which is pretty weak compared to other popular pumps... (Laing DDC has around 18W and D5's can go up to 34W)

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

So is my loop too mixed? I mixing Brass, Nickel and copper?

Well i already got the pump as a birthday gift to cool my CPU ;-) And i read on there forums that i would be good enough for this kind of setup.

So is my loop too mixed?

Well i already got the pump as a birthday gift to cool my CPU ;-) And i read on there forums that i would be good enough for this kind of setup.

As long as you're not mixing copper and aluminium you should be fine. Make sure the coolant you're using has corrosion inhibitor tho. :)

Just dump whatever is in the H220 and flush it before putting the new loop together and then get a good premixed coolant... then you wont need to add anything (coils and such)

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

You only need an anti-corrosive if there's aluminum in your loop. Anti-corrosives and biocides are not the same thing and a kill coil is a biocide.

So you either need a kill coil or another liquid biocide like I&H DeadWater or PT Nuke. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Thanks guys :-) So i'll buy some anticorrosive and a biocide just to make sure :-) but would a silver coil cause corrosion?

Couldnt i just use my h220 and remove the pump (inside the cpu block) and use it as a Cpu block? :-)