Recommended $100 Headphone

PlayModeOn

Hello,

I currently have a TurtleBeach Z11 headset for gaming which is a mistake because its Turtle beach, overprice and just pretty average.

Whats good about this headset is it has good mids but lacks bass or tremble.

I want a new headphone(not headset) to replace this Z11. Can you recommend me some headphones at Jb Hifi Australia?

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/headphones-dj/headphones/

Please keep it under $100, if you recommend another store/product please use Australian dollars as currency.

At the moment I am interested in the Sennheiser HD 439. Any thoughts?

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/headphones-dj/headphones/sennheiser/sennheiser-hd-439-over-ear-hi-fi-headphones/83465/

Thank you.

EDIT: I do prefer closed, large drivers (50mm), bassy and noise cancelling. But its up to you.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

The Sony MDR series seems quite popular. Would anyone suggest the Sony MDR-ZX600?

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

@PlayModeOn

I have the HD 438 (which I think aren't as good as the HD 439, but similar) and they're fairly good.

I know that they have the same build quality/ design, and I can say that they're pretty comfy and also light on the head.

About a year ago the ATH-m50 were a popular choice for a $100 pair. Since then, everyone has gone hipster and said that there are better choices out there.

I've seen them on amazon for about $80 USD (on special)

So if you can get them for that price, that'd be good.

To be honest, I'd probably avoid buying from JB, unless you can get a great deal.

If you ask them to give you a better deal, they might say they can do $90 (from a $100 pair), then you say "can you go $85?"

Usually they say yes to that. It depends on how much they bought it for.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

@PlayModeOn

I have the HD 438 (which I think aren't as good as the HD 439, but similar) and they're fairly good.

The 439 is just a minor revision to the 438. Practically the same thing. ;)

They're a pretty good option for Australians I think.

@PlayModeOn

I know that they have the same build quality/ design, and I can say that they're pretty comfy and also light on the head.

About a year ago the ATH-m50 were a popular choice for a $100 pair. Since then, everyone has gone hipster and said that there are better choices out there.

I've seen them on amazon for about $80 USD (on special)

So if you can get them for that price, that'd be good.

To be honest, I'd probably avoid buying from JB, unless you can get a great deal.

If you ask them to give you a better deal, they might say they can do $90 (from a $100 pair), then you say "can you go $85?"

Usually they say yes to that. It depends on how much they bought it for.

Thanks for your input. What about Dick Smiths? I wanted the product tomorrow so thats why I am looking at retail stores not online which is a bad idea because next week I will have no time to collect my order or present at a delivery.

Thanks for your input. What about Dick Smiths? I wanted the product tomorrow so thats why I am looking at retail stores not online which is a bad idea because next week I will have no time to collect my order or present at a delivery.

Well in that case, I'd go JB.

Just try and get as much off as possible.

EDIT: if the HD449 are better than the HD439, then go with them.

Currently researching which one is better.

EDIT 2:

Apparently the 439 are better sounding than the 449.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Well in that case, I'd go JB.

Just try and get as much off as possible.

EDIT: if the HD449 are better than the HD439, then go with them.

Currently researching which one is better.

EDIT 2:

Apparently the 439 are better sounding than the 449.

Ah ok. But where did you got the info from? Specs is much better on the 449.

I know I said earlier I would get a headphone instead of a headset. But my friends told me I should try to get the Steelseries Siberia V2 (a headset). But would a headphone like HD439 would sound better? 

The 439 and 449 will sound very similar, but the 439 is the only headphone in the line to have a removable cable, and given how thin the cable used in these series is, I highly recommend you to go for the 439 instead of the 449.

Seriously the sound is almost the same.

Mystery is the source of all true science.