CyanogenMod has declined a take-over by Google

aurrorax

And that is why I am confident with running CyanogenMod on my S4. Ideally I'd want CyanogenMod to be fully open source (Pretty sure it's not?) but being created by a team that isn't in it for the money is also good.

And that is why I am confident with running CyanogenMod on my S4. Ideally I'd want CyanogenMod to be fully open source (Pretty sure it's not?) but being created by a team that isn't in it for the money is also good.

I think you're right. Not entirely Open source. It does contain a lot of open source code though, It has quite a lot of community contribution, A lot of the less popular phones are entirely community driven. Hence the stability issues a lot of people have.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

I would argue Windows phone is larger

In terms of active users I think Cyanogenmod is close or

bigger than Windows phone phone all though it's hard 

to fine user numbers from a quick search 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

if google were awesome like once they should buy cyanogen and make it avaible for all devices that way i could get it on my crapphone maybe but google wants more money and control seems to me

Your profile pic matches the topic.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

here's an interesting read into the finer details of the whole situation:

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/10/09/why-google-tried-to-buy-cyanogen-for-1-billion.aspx

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD