Game freezing for a short time s and comes back only to freeze again

Siganos

So, recently a friend of mine suggested we played some good ol' cod 4 (the last of which i think was worth playing) and after a while of playing like 5-6 mins the game starts freezing for a sec then comes back for another and on and on until i finally shut it down from task manager anyone know why this behavior with that game ?  

i have a core i5 760 and a gts 450 graphics card plus 8gb of ram .. really dont think i am stressing them.

also the  gpu usage is quite strange

post-77020-0-19639300-1412300343_thumb.p

Only in Cod4 and not in other games/software? Like are there any more demanding games you could run for reference. It could be the installation of game that is corrupted or if you are playing on modded server, the mod has issues with your hardware. You sure it isn't lag style freezing and more effective on fps?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

It's happening only in that game . i run  most other games like batman ac assasins creed series and watch dogs pretty damn well on mid low settings with almost 60fps and for that game i even took the overclock to the stock speeds of 783 (ususally i am at 898 with 1.1v) the game is legit and the servers aren't modded and i really wanted to know if its my system or the game iteself just crashing . thanks for answering :)

It's happening only in that game . i run  most other games like batman ac assasins creed series and watch dogs pretty damn well on mid low settings with almost 60fps and for that game i even took the overclock to the stock speeds of 783 (ususally i am at 898 with 1.1v) the game is legit and the servers aren't modded and i really wanted to know if its my system or the game iteself just crashing . thanks for answering :)

With only one game doing that its most likely game itself. If it would be happening in multiple games, then drivers/hardware are more to blame.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv