Swiftech H220X vs H105 vs Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme?

Hi guys,

I was wondering which of these coolers is the best. Many people have different opinions and I would like to know your opinions.

Also is the H220X compatible with my case: Cooler Master CM690 III

Thanks!

Regards,

danielxmovies

Hi guys,

I was wondering which of these coolers is the best. Many people have different opinions and I would like to know your opinions.

Thanks!

Regards,

danielxmovies

h220x not because of performance but because it is expandable to add your gpu in later and it has a cool res

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

H105

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

H105

they will

could you elaborate?

they will perform about the same but i would go with the swiftech because of the expandability wou could change the fluid add a gpu new rad tubing and  fittings which makes itlike a custom loop in an aio

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

could you elaborate?

Quieter then the H220x. More compact, no large CPU block or hanging resevoir from the radiator which looks like crap. The glossy black tubing on the H220x also looks horrible.

They are both thick 240mm radiators with supposedly the same fin density, so they perform the same. The H105 is cheaper, and a real AiO that is 100% maintenance free.

Also if you're planning to do a custom loop in the future, just build it from scratch. None of the parts used in the H220x (except maybe the CPU block) are worth being used in a proper custom loop.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

they will

they will perform about the same but i would go with the swiftech because of the expandability wou could change the fluid add a gpu new rad tubing and  fittings which makes itlike a custom loop in an aio

Is the H220X compatible with my case?

Is the H220X compatible with my case?

it is

Quieter then the H220x. More compact, no large CPU block or hanging resevoir from the radiator which looks like crap. The glossy black tubing on the H220x also looks horrible.

They are both thick 240mm radiators with supposedly the same fin density, so they perform the same. The H105 is cheaper, and a real AiO that is 100% maintenance free.

Also if you're planning to do a custom loop in the future, just build it from scratch. None of the parts used in the H220x (except maybe the CPU block) are worth being used in a proper custom loop.

h105 is soo loud iw ould switch the fans out on is i hate those fans as they were louder than my 3 case fans and gou fan running at full

All should be supported - the H220x will also be much better performance due to it's copper radiator.  Also the swiftech helix fans are pretty damn good fans and can compete against Noctua's in many regards as they're based off an older Gentle Typhoon design before they-- went extinct.  So, I say go for the H220x, it's pretty damn good when you can get it and expand-ability is allowed, though if you wanted to expand, I wouldn't do much expansion.  Plus the H105 / all Corsair cooling product(fans and cpu pumps) are above-average in noise, but decent cooling performance.  I say just go for the H220x, swiftech fans are amazing, and the expandability is top-notch as the pump can handle it all and adding more fluid or better fluid is a god-send for an AIO without spending a lot on a full loop.  So, H220x is my vote ^_^

h105 is soo loud iw ould switch the fans out on is i hate those fans as they were louder than my 3 case fans and gou fan running at full

Yeah the stock fans that corsair sends with their watercoolers are crap. Always use different fans than stock.

But the pump on the H105 is quieter, not like the 'high powered' pumps swiftec has to use to make it work when expanded.

Spoiler

Yeah the stock fans that corsair sends with their watercoolers are crap. Always use different fans than stock.

But the pump on the H105 is quieter, not like the 'high powered' pumps swiftec has to use to make it work when expanded.

true but also less powerful which is why you cant expand the h105 but can the swiftech

true but also less powerful which is why you cant expand the h105 but can the swiftech

It's enough though. And I wouldn't use the swiftec pump+res+rad if I wanted to do a custom loop. I would buy proper high quality components like an EK tube res, D5 pump, and larger radiator.

Spoiler

Hi guys,

Thanks!

Regards,

danielxmovies

Hey danielxmovies, the new H240X from Swiftech is out for $149.95.  It comes with 280mm radiator and support for G1/4 threads.

Hey danielxmovies, the new H240X from Swiftech is out for $149.95.  It comes with 280mm radiator and support for G1/4 threads.

yea thats brobably the best option if you have a 280mm rad space

yea thats brobably the best option if you have a 280mm rad space

My case can only handle 240 i think

My case can only handle 240 i think

than h220x