Any Asus GTX 970 Strix Owners

Well I'm not OP, but I do own this card so maybe you want to hear from me?

No coil whine whatsoever. I play with Vsync OFF in Battlefield 4 and have it running at 100fps minimum so if there was coil whine, I would hear it

Overclocks like a madman... 1.5ghz Core with only +37mV offset and 71C max temperature.. lots of room to go but really... no need. I will do it just so I know what the limit is, but 1.5ghz seems like a nice number to stick to

0Db fan until 60C is amazing.  At 71C, I can't figure out if I'm hearing the GPU fans or my dual 140mm fans on the silver arrow HS.  This is very good.

In all, there isn't a single damn thing I can complain about and I think this is the greatest card ever made

That's the kind of thing I like to hear. :P What case do you have it installed in?

That's the kind of thing I like to hear. :P What case do you have it installed in?

Silverstone Raven 3

Sorry been away. Yes it fits and no coil whine. I have a H440 NZXT case

Any update? :P

Hi,

Can I ask what software are you using to overclock? I'm using gpu tweak from asus. What is your highest overclock without raising voltage? Can we raise voltage with gpu tweak?

Thanks,

K.

Well I'm not OP, but I do own this card so maybe you want to hear from me?

No coil whine whatsoever. I play with Vsync OFF in Battlefield 4 and have it running at 100fps minimum so if there was coil whine, I would hear it

Overclocks like a madman... 1.5ghz Core with only +37mV offset and 71C max temperature.. lots of room to go but really... no need. I will do it just so I know what the limit is, but 1.5ghz seems like a nice number to stick to

0Db fan until 60C is amazing. At 71C, I can't figure out if I'm hearing the GPU fans or my dual 140mm fans on the silver arrow HS. This is very good.

In all, there isn't a single damn thing I can complain about and I think this is the greatest card ever made

I have a Cooler Master HAF XB so the motherboard is top-down instead of horizontal. Fortuitous? Maybe.

Can anyone post pictures of these while it's installed on an ATX motherboard so I can see just how long it is. I'm considering to buy this but not sure if it would fit my case. I need pictures :(

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

Hi,

Here are some. But not great shots. Hope it helps.

bWyanL3.jpg

NKszZ1p.jpg

HOL42Rv.jpg

Can anyone post pictures of these while it's installed on an ATX motherboard so I can see just how long it is. I'm considering to buy this but not sure if it would fit my case. I need pictures :(

Hi,

bWyanL3.jpg

NKszZ1p.jpg

HOL42Rv.jpg

Thanks, man! I have a question as i can't see it from a certain angle. Is is longer than your mobo? And what ROG mobo is that? So i can compute the length headroom that i need if ever it's longer

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200

No probs. yes it's longer than the motherboard. It is a maximus VII ranger mobo

No probs. yes it's longer than the motherboard. It is a maximus VII ranger mobo

Thanks again!

Well I do have to say it does hang a little low because of the weight. I "solved" it by fastening the power cable to my 24-pin, so it keeps it more upright. Not the best solution but I like it better than if the card hangs down.

The case is corsair carbide air 540. As you can see, the card covers the entire length of the motherboard and sticks over for about 3,5cm

10644552_10152856754706584_8415238224593

10645137_10152856754731584_4475680496980

1921199_10152856754951584_31105486067665

• 4 weeks later...

No it doesn't fit in the Air 240. The heatpipe touches the plastic window, so if it gets hot, it might melt the window. It's really close though, just needed another 5mm clearance!

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up my Asus STRIX GTX 970. Will install it tonight hopefully :)

Praying for no defect and coil whine :)

Good luck, I have to RMA mine for coil whine and some other bugs it causing. 

• 1 month later...

The STRIX has a backplate and brace ... It wont sag at all.

I wish you were right. My Strix 970 is sagging a lot.

I wish you were right. My Strix 970 is sagging a lot.

If the STRIX is sagging then it is allot less than other brand without a brace and backplate.

I  have the air 240 and the evga gtx 970 ftw. The ftw is 111.15 mm tall and I have about 15-20mm space above the card. I don't think it will fit measure your case to be sure!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

bWyanL3.jpg

NKszZ1p.jpg

HOL42Rv.jpg

May you please take one more shot from an angle where we can clearly see the sag?(If there is any). It would be much appreciated.

• 3 months later...

So, I just discovered how to move the slider on GPUtweak for my strix 970 above 1400mhz. I have been running at 1400 all day long, with temps never getting above 60c, 7600 on the memory, 1200 on voltage, 120% on power target%.

Anyone have any thoughts about how far I should push mine above 1400? I'd like to at least get 1500 with GPU boost 2.0

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

My Rig Colour

My rig :)

F***ing beautiful lol! I have my ASUS GTX 660 DCII in there as well.
Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD

So, I just discovered how to move the slider on GPUtweak for my strix 970 above 1400mhz. I have been running at 1400 all day long, with temps never getting above 60c, 7600 on the memory, 1200 on voltage, 120% on power target%.

Anyone have any thoughts about how far I should push mine above 1400? I'd like to at least get 1500 with GPU boost 2.0

Do you have GPU-Z to check your actual clock speeds?

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD

Do you have GPU-Z to check your actual clock speeds?

I do now lol. Still, I made a comment in the original strix 970 LTT review thread about some discrepancies in their information in the .DOC.

I do now lol. Still, I made a comment in the original strix 970 LTT review thread about some discrepancies in their information in the .DOC.

?!?!

Spoiler

?!?!

Did you read it? Doesn't make any sense does it. It has to be either some form of error (on my part, or LTT's), or falsification on LTT's part, although I sincerely hope they didn't lie or something.