good video for anyone who thinks the teksyndicate (A.K.A razethew0rld) video is true to see

Poor Logan, he's getting a lot of grief for that video. I don't believe he was trying to say one was better than the other, just saying look here's some situations where the 8350 actually performs quite well. I understand why he did it, there is so much negativity surrounding AMD's CPUs which are not as bad as everyone makes out. I'll still be running Intel, but appreciate Logan posting his video, he didnt hide anything just showed how it can be a good processor.

Poor Logan' date=' he's getting a lot of grief for that video. I don't believe he was trying to say one was better than the other, just saying look here's some situations where the 8350 actually performs quite well. I understand why he did it, there is so much negativity surrounding AMD's CPUs which are not as bad as everyone makes out. I'll still be running Intel, but appreciate Logan posting his video, he didnt hide anything just showed how it can be a good processor.[/quote']

no..no he was saying the 8350 was better.he said multiple times throughout the video, that the 8350 beats the 3570K,the 3770K,and the 3820 (and he sometimes called it the 3820K).

unless of course "the 8350 beats the 3570K,the 3770K,and the 3820 can somehow be interpretted differently,like maybe his words had deeper meaning,or maybe he was doing sign language in the video saying "in pricing" every time after he said it beat the intel processors lol

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I wouldn't look too far into it, I think hes was referring to the tests he carried out and not in general. I agree it was a little subjective, I did mention in the YouTube comments that I would have liked to see more benchmarks, but I don't think he was lying about the tests he carried out which mainly seemed to focus on things like streaming. Its not something I took very seriously from the start, but he was only trying to make the point that it is actually a very useable processor at its price point.

Equally I wouldn't trust Lavco that much either, they are not exactly famed for being the most trustworthy either and I can't take anyone who uses words like "replicatable" seriously lol. Best to take all these videos with a pinch of salt! :)

I wouldn't look too far into it, I think hes was referring to the tests he carried out and not in general. I agree it was a little subjective, I did mention in the YouTube comments that I would have liked to see more benchmarks, but I don't think he was lying about the tests he carried out which mainly seemed to focus on things like streaming. Its not something I took very seriously from the start, but he was only trying to make the point that it is actually a very useable processor at its price point.

Equally I wouldn't trust Lavco that much either, they are not exactly famed for being the most trustworthy either and I can't take anyone who uses words like "replicatable" seriously lol. Best to take all these videos with a pinch of salt! :)

Lavco's reputation doesn't matter,well maybe to them,but if every other benchmarking group claims numbers that agee with each other,and then he pulls out numbers that disagree I'd say it's bs or hes showing the one thing that it does well which is streaming.

also it's not always the best priced.

I can buy a 3570K for 169.99 at microcenter (last month this month it's 179.99) and an i7 for 229.99.and I get $40 off on my mobo if I buy a compatible chipset.

while the 8350 is 189.99,also with the $40 deal.

so for that pricing would you say the 8350 is a good buy,for a general user.gamer,editor,etc.

with those prices I'd say it has no place whatsoever.

it's not better than the 3570K,a majority of the time,yet it costs more......

if it were priced $30-50 less than the 3570K like the phenom line up is,then sure that would be great.but considering it's price this processor is worthless.

unless of course you want overclocking bragging rights since for $10 more you can buy it with water cooling.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

Yeah I see where you are coming from. All in all, I think Logan posted this video a little hastily, fueled slightly by anger. I think he was getting sick of people on his own forum bashing AMD's processors far more than they deserved and just wanted to show people that there are still reasons to buy them and they are nowhere near as bad as everyone makes out.

I'm not from the US, I know Microcenter does great deals on Intel CPU's every now and again though. I'm from Ireland where the 8350 is slightly cheaper not by much though and equivalent AMD motherboards are much cheaper globally... I think the thing to take away from it is, for certain people maybe streamers, people rendering, and casual gamers the 8350 is an option and doesn't deserve the reputation it has within forums, spread by people who probably haven't even used it.

I always recommend Intel, but doesn't mean I have to destroy the reputation of AMD. I respect Logan for standing up to this, but understand what you are saying. I think Logan should have taken more time to construct his argument.

this guy annoys me. just saying.
he says some things right,it's just when he goes wrong he goes past the full retard mark
Linus Sebastian said:

this guy annoys me. just saying.
and that guy in the background gosh i wanna punch him :S just saying

I couldn't finish the video. That guy was just annoying. I would like to know how Logan got those results though. I wish he posted a video of the testing procedure.

I've liked Logan's videos for a long time and I really do want to trust his benchmarks. (in fact I will). His discriptions of PCIE # hurt and he didn't properly show the hardware he was using. All in all this video was one of his worst. Whatever I'm gonna go watch The Tek.

(written on my HTC One X and probably riddled with errors)

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

I've liked Logan's videos for a long time and I really do want to trust his benchmarks. (in fact I will). His discriptions of PCIE # hurt and he didn't properly show the hardware he was using. All in all this video was one of his worst. Whatever I'm gonna go watch The Tek.

(written on my HTC One X and probably riddled with errors)

feel free to,I'm just trying to get people to know that he made a huge mistake here,with making the parts of the games he tested unknown,as well as the settings used,making the entire experiment just a "trust me,we're friends right?"
Linus Sebastian said:

Guys, I know that these 2 videos are very very controversial, but if we could please refrain from insults and profanity, that would be great!

Remember, we are a family friendly community :)

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

I'm surprised that very few people commented on the different tier motherboards which can make a difference, while there's an huge amount of people bashing on the fact that they used different memory and such. Not that it says anything about the claims, but I find that rather interesting.

While I think he did get a little confusing with his wording, if you watched his video you can see that the 8350 actually doesn't win every test, some sure, comparable on others, ad downright loses in the rest. The entire point e was trying to make is that it's actually a product consider and people need to stop just hating on AMD because AMD "lost" this round. They didn't make the most powerful CPUs but for the money they are something to still consider. The only times it excelled in his videos was when they were streaming live gaming footage and trine. What I will say though is that he should've been much more clear as to what was going on.

I couldn't finish the video. That guy was just annoying. I would like to know how Logan got those results though. I wish he posted a video of the testing procedure.
I agree, because even site with good reputations like TomsHardware show completely different results. They do bottlenecking tests on the cpu with Dual 7970's with the 3770k from Intel and the FX-8350. Just look at the results. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-8350-core-i7-3770k-gaming-bottleneck,3407-3.html

My god, these people don't understand how computers work.

1. Multithreaded benchmarks will not tell you anything about game performance.

2. Logan was playing games in a GPU dependent situation, so what they showed does not actually refute what Logan showed.

3. They portray CPU bottlenecks as only existing in CPU limited states, whereas in reality, bottlenecks are more complicated than that.

4. They went into the video with an agenda.

Now, I did have a few issues with Logan's testing:

1. He only posted one set of data

2. He used an EVGA motherboard

3. He didn't overclock the CPUs

4. He didn't test very many games

Neither of the videos were really very scientific.