Wifi Problems (what a surprise)

pspfreak

While trying to use wifi at school, my laptop's built in wifi adapter doesn't seem to work. Its connected but I get no internet. Although accessing the same network on my phone works just fine. I even can usb tether and it works. Any ideas as to why this would happen? I know the wifi card in my laptop works. It's also not a bad wifi card, its a intel centrino somethingorother.

Go to the techies in your school and ask.

It is probably a problem on their end to be honest.

Compatible with Windows 95

Yeah thats not gonna work. We're not really allowed to use wifi, its just a stupidness on thier end because any device can connect to the "iShit" network. Without a password. 

Maybe it's a proxy server you have to input on your machine, that's what i had to do at my school.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Yeah thats not gonna work. We're not really allowed to use wifi, its just a stupidness on thier end because any device can connect to the "iShit" network. Without a password. 

Is your phone an iphone?

You can configure a wireless network to only function properly with Apple devices, on my university we have several wireless networks and the "Mac Network" is only functional with Apple devices. It's a configuration from their part.

Be careful, Some of them might not know the defrince between Memory and Storage like my old school.

Because he had a hard drive.

Is your phone an iphone?

You can configure a wireless network to only function properly with Apple devices, on my university we have several wireless networks and the "Mac Network" is only functional with Apple devices. It's a configuration from their part.

Nope. Samsung Galaxy S3

Nope. Samsung Galaxy S3

Have you made some sort of registration with your phone on the account? Your user might be locked to a single MAC Adress.

Be careful, Some of them might not know the defrince between Memory and Storage like my old school.

Yeah I got caught for "hacking" for connecting my laptop to an ethernet port. That was like last year. So now, connecting my laptop via a hard wired solution instead of shit wifi constitutes as hacking?

Have you made some sort of registration with your phone on the account? Your user might be locked to a single MAC Adress.

No, the network is accessible without any sort of identification. In fact if you go to a blocked website it just says logged in as unknown user.

I assume you mean the new-ish term memory.

It used to be called RAM 100% of the time. With people who have been in the biz a while, you call memory "RAM" and things like HD space "Storage"

Specifying what you mean is what scientific people do; memory is very generic tbh.

I assume you mean the new-ish term memory.

It used to be called RAM, with people who have been in the biz a while, you call memory "RAM" and things like HD space "Storage"

Specifying what you mean is what scientific people do; memory is very generic tbh.

Memory could be RAM, Cache on a CPU, HDD, SSD.

Memory could be RAM, Cache on a CPU, HDD, SSD.

My point exactly, specifying what you mean is important, generic terms never cut it.