I think Linus needs to get one of these tvs for research

Sammael

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/24/6838489/how-vizio-p-series-999-4k-uhd-tv

First, that CTO guy is extremely likeable.  The entire company is.  They are doing research and development to increase image quality AND lower the price so that new tech can get into more hands sooner rather than later.  It's a beautiful thing.

The P series sounds great, the reference series even better.  And the most interesting thing of all is not even the resolution, but the HDR content and panels.  I want to see deeper richer colors, and more contrast, and I might be able to with one of these new tvs.

As to Linus, it might be hard justifying one of these tvs for personal use at home, but he can always say he needs to test this for work.  Even though almost none of his young teenage male audience will be in a position to get one of these immediately, they will eventually, and besides, any excuse to get one of these for personal use should be taken.  Everyone in the Linus operation would agree that this is wanted and needed... for testing... and movie screening.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Now if only my dad could buy one for my room. Instead, he gives me a damn puny CRT.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Now if only my dad could buy one for my room. Instead, he gives me a damn puny CRT.

be happy you have a tv, some of us don't, we use the interwebz to watch tv.

be happy you have a tv, some of us don't, we use the interwebz to watch tv.

You probably got a good interwebz and tv. my interwebz suck.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

You probably got a good interwebz and tv. my interwebz suck.

it's like 30-50 down... 50 on a good day and always four up. i don't download the tv shows i watch tho, i just watch them online

it's like 30-50 down... 50 on a good day and always four up. i don't download the tv shows i watch tho, i just watch them online

It's .05-.01 down. on a good day. bad day is slower than dialup.

It's .05-.01 down. on a good day. bad day is slower than dialup.

tell me about it...fucking slow internet...my internets so slow I could travel physically to the hosting server, download the files onto my USB, travel back home, put it on my computer before the page loads for me....

P.S. im in the linus tech tips server room...  :ph34r:

Mjolnir
CPU: i7 4960X GPU: ASUS STRIX 970 CASE: Xigmatek Aquila MEM: 16GB 1866Mhz Kingston Fury Red Cool: Corsair H100i SSD: 2X intel S3700 400GB
HDD: 1TB Seagate Monitor: BenQ BL2710PT  Mouse: R.A.T 7  Keyboard: Corsair K70  Love: Rachel 

tell me about it...fucking slow internet...my internets so slow I could travel physically to the hosting server, download the files onto my USB, travel back home, put it on my computer before the page loads for me....

P.S. im in the linus tech tips server room...  :ph34r:

im in one of the only areas with dialup still, but they have 4g lte service here. pshh, lte my ass.

do you work for lmg?

im in one of the only areas with dialup still, but they have 4g lte service here. pshh, lte my ass.

do you work for lmg?

lol, no...I sneaked in here.....don't tell him please....Look at all the cool graphics card.... :ph34r:  :o  :ph34r:

Mjolnir
CPU: i7 4960X GPU: ASUS STRIX 970 CASE: Xigmatek Aquila MEM: 16GB 1866Mhz Kingston Fury Red Cool: Corsair H100i SSD: 2X intel S3700 400GB
HDD: 1TB Seagate Monitor: BenQ BL2710PT  Mouse: R.A.T 7  Keyboard: Corsair K70  Love: Rachel