This is intriguing me...

shiftberry

Let's say I own a well equipped rally car ready to participate in certain events. Does it require you to pay extra money to join in? Is it utterly expensive to join a rally event? Like for example Wales Rally in the UK. :)

pretty sure this will depend on the rally... not really a "fixed" global price afaik

just call and ask :)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Don't you have do some licence test first before going rallying in the UK? 

Don't you have do some licence test first before going rallying in the UK?

I'm thinking of joining a rally school once I go to the UK.

What 'well equipped rally car?'

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I'm thinking of joining a rally school once I go to the UK.

Then to answer your question: some may rally events have a entrance fee, while others may not. 

There are basic qualifications

Car has to meet certain specs

You as the driver have to do a qualification race and meet those requirements

Have the right insurance to cover the car, yourself and especially others

Not sure about the UK but here in the states you need to obtain a rally license

Most races (above amateur) won't even look at you as an entry unless you have a team that can fund the car if it breaks since these races in terms of fuel/parts can cost well over $15,000 each

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

What 'well equipped rally car?'

some BMW e30 325 for example with rollcage, 200 bhp engine, racing seats and an OMP steering wheel and etc

There are basic qualifications

Car has to meet certain specs

You as the driver have to do a qualification race and meet those requirements

Have the right insurance to cover the car, yourself and especially others

Not sure about the UK but here in the states you need to obtain a rally license

Most races (above amateur) won't even look at you as an entry unless you have a team that can fund the car if it breaks since these races in terms of fuel/parts can cost well over $15,000 each

well this answers my question but are you obliged to join a team not just on your own and handle all the risks?

some BMW e30 325 for example with rollcage, 200 bhp engine, racing seats and an OMP steering wheel and etc

Nice, I want.

I don't know about the UK but everything costs money to enter in Australia. That starts with amateur events like I do (although tarmac, not rally) all the way up to the big leagues. I imagine it's the same in the UK.

I doubt you can just 'join in' on Rally Wales (or something like that) because your car would need to meet the specs for the class it would race in. However, there would be plenty of amateur events out there that you could join, even rally cross would be good to start in if rallyies are a bit harder to get in to.

Also you may wish to investigate Targa-style events (Tarmac Rallies) because, here in Australia at least, they are more common for amateur entry (not entirely sure why, probably because they're less taxing on the cars than gravel stages).

It is really dependent on who is hosting the event and where it will be located. Most group's that hold events usually all have different requirements and rules that you have to follow to participate. I personaly have never heard of a free entry auto cross or rally cross event though.

with that said POST PIC OF THE RALLY CAR

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

It is really dependent on who is hosting the event and where it will be located. Most group's that hold events usually all have different requirements and rules that you have to follow to participate. I personaly have never heard of a free entry auto cross or rally cross event though.

with that said POST PIC OF THE RALLY CAR

maybe i would be a bit motivated to get into this one: 309 GTi

8016206899_25df4bb0fd_z.jpg