Build Questions! :)

What's up guys!!! :D . I want to build myself a pc for gaming and editing.I'm open to ideas!. Should I do a custom watercooling loop?, Is installing a watercooling loop worth the hassle??or should I air cool the 2 grx 980's and install a sealed cooling system in the cpu?? :/

Which case should I choose?! (I want very good looks, but a decent ammount of space to install hardware!!.

Wich one should I pick??:

Nzxt phantom 820,or

Corsair graphite 760 or 780??! :D thanks for the support! :D

Do you want to take the time to build a custom loop?

You're not going to see a huge jump in performance over a closed loop (if any at all, or a slight decrease). Aesthetically, it'll look much better as it will be built to your liking. You could go with the Glacer 240L (or something like it) which is a hybrid of the two.

GTX 980's run fairly cool, there's no real need to water cool them, unless you're pushing them to their very extreme limits, and want every last drop from them.

A friend of mine has the Phantom 820 and loves it. Personally, my next case will be an Obsidian 900D

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

What's up guys!!! :D . I want to build myself a pc for gaming and editing.I'm open to ideas!. Should I do a custom watercooling loop?, Is installing a watercooling loop worth the hassle??or should I air cool the 2 grx 980's and install a sealed cooling system in the cpu?? :/

Which case should I choose?! (I want very good looks, but a decent ammount of space to install hardware!!.

Nzxt phantom 820,or

id go corsair! I have a corsair 750D and custom water loop and love it.. here is a pic of mine  http://i.imgur.com/bjQ4lQB.jpg

If you want decent appearance then I'd go custom cooling and for the case the phantom 820 is big I'm not sure for the new graphite's I myself am using the old graphite 600t and I'm pretty sure this case can handle custom cooling It's just not that big. Since the graphite 760 is new I'm pretty sure it can handle as well.  

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

Nzxt phantom 820,or

Sup! 

The question of watercooling is up to you. Even if your not overclocking, watercooling can be good for lower overall temps. Plus it gives you headroom for overclocking later, if you plan on doing so.

You can air cool the gpus and water cool the cpu with a H105 or something similar if you want to save money and time with the whole build process. The AIO on your cpu will be great as a starting place, if you need to overclock more, you then can water cool the entire system. In the end its down to how much time and effort you want to put into your rig.

If your overclocking everything and pushing your hardware, watercooling might be an option. If your going to run everything at stock for stability and long life, air cooling with an AIO on the cpu could be the way to go. 

In terms of case choice, its personal but also dependant on what your going to use the case for. Your use case may need heaps of space for hard drives and SSDs. Also if your going to water cool 2 gpus and a cpu look for a case with a large amount of rad space.

I use a Corsair 750D. I can fit 4 SSDs and 3 hard drives in as well as a 60mm thick 280mm rad in the front and a 45mm thick 360mm in the top to cool my cpu, gpu and motherboard. 

So its down to you to choose a case that has enough hard drive space for you with enough water cooling space to cool the parts you want.

Hope this helps.

Corsair 750D | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 9590 | Kingston HyperX 16GB@1866MHz | MSI R9 290X Lightning | Seasonic 1050W Platinum | 2x WD 3TB Green HDD | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD | Crucial 512GB SSD 

Alphacool XT45 360mm | Alphacool Monsta 280mm | Silverstone AP121 | Silverstone AP141 | EK Supremacy Elite | EK ASUS C5F-Z | EK R9-290X Lightning | EK 3/8-1/2 Nickel | XSPC D5 Acrylic Tank | Primochill 3/8-1/2 

zomgenthoo_s.jpg

Phanteks Enthoo Primo Ultimate Chassis Black

This case with custom water loop.

i have a watercooled build in this case and i love it! it is a water coolers wet dream

post-69521-0-43181400-1412002985_thumb.j

post-69521-0-98947200-1412003001_thumb.j

Watercooling is definitely not worth the price/performance. Its more of a hobby or aesthetics thing. I think it makes the most difference in noise though, particularly for GPUs. Some reference coolers are about as loud as a hair dryer when under load. But most nonreference coolers perform pretty well, and stay under pretty quiet levels.