Playing guitar through PC speakers... lag !

dmegatool
Go to solution Solved by Hans Christian | Teri,

ASIO4ALL is the solution you're looking for.

So I would like to play my electric guitar on my PC speakers. I going through a Korg AX3000G then the PC (Line-in with a 1/8 jack). It works, but there's a very noticeable delay that make it unplayable. 

I just enabled "Listen this device" on the line-in input so I would hear it through the speakers. So what could I do to fix this ? 

i don't notice lag when i do with my piano...maybe the korg?

The listen to this device option has a delay and really there is no fix for it. Its always better to have your source plugged directly to the speakers and then to the secondary input.

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory

So I would like to play my electric guitar on my PC speakers. I going through a Korg AX3000G then the PC (Line-in with a 1/8 jack). It works, but there's a very noticeable delay that make it unplayable. 

I just enabled "Listen this device" on the line-in input so I would hear it through the speakers. So what could I do to fix this ? 

Nope. "Listen this device" will always have a delay. I wanted my headphones to playback my voice, but it was impossible because of the delay. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

The listen to this device option has a delay and really there is no fix for it. Its always better to have your source plugged directly to the speakers and then to the secondary input.

^^^^^your answer^^^^

I haven't found any way to input any guitar or vocals in windows without lag but OS X always goes fine. I guess thats why people say you should use a mac for music production.

I haven't heard of that one, need to try it at some point because I'd love to solve this issue for recording my band

Can you suggest me a software that would use the driver ? Asio4all says you gotta use a software and specifically choose the driver. Audacity ain't compatible sooooo... Any other free/dirt cheap alternative to make it work ? 

Can you suggest me a software that would use the driver ? Asio4all says you gotta use a software and specifically choose the driver. Audacity ain't compatible sooooo... Any other free/dirt cheap alternative to make it work ? 

I hear a lot of people are using REAPER these days. They have a 60 day trial available at their website and most definitely support ASIO4ALL. :)

I hear a lot of people are using REAPER these days. They have a 60 day trial available at their website and most definitely support ASIO4ALL. :)

Yeah that's what I had found. Just trying to avoid the 60$. Mayby Amplitude3 could work too and it's free... 

I'll give a shot at both. Thx man :) 

Yeah that's what I had found. Just trying to avoid the 60$. Mayby Amplitude3 could work too and it's free... 

I'll give a shot at both. Thx man :)

Amplitube 3 is great as well, especially a fun toy for guitarists that don't have lot of cash for gear, but as for as I know it's also about €80. 

ASIO drivers is critical...

Asio4all did it !! It's working  :D. Thx guys. I'm using Reaper to make use of the driver.