H80i RED Led light and Pc shut down

Hello guys I just upgraded my stock amd cooler on my MAD fx-6300 with a Corsair H80i.. My problem is that even thought I have done everything stated in the quick start guide.. The cooler wont work. The led on the Pump is red and the Pc shuts down after a fews seconds?? Any thoughts

Did you install the cooler? Did you put thermal paste onto the CPU? Did you plug the pump on the PSU over Molex and into the fan header?

I once had one of these, now I've got this.

Hey, so since i really cant say anything about the reasons why your cooler isnt working perhaps "In case you havent googled it" you can try this link http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2160418/corsair-h80i-cpu-fan-error-red-light-pump.html. So i decided to just pick the only informative reply , since all others are just (Chek with Corsair . Good Luck!) you might just check this one:

1) The fan error would exist likely if using the Corsair setup and NOT connecting to the motherboard. In the BIOS the motherboard sees no CPU fan. So NOT an issue.

2) PUMP color can be changed I believe so not necessarily a problem.

3) SHUTDOWN and Overheating is obviously a problem so it sounds like a defective pump.

4) So, contact Corsair to RMA.

5) Another option is to RMA it, buy an AIR COOLER instead, then sell the returned cooler.

Well sorry for being unable to help but i hope this link may support you lightspeed and stay well after all you can always trade it back right as long as in warranty  :unsure: ?

Groomlake Authority

Thank you guys for the quick replies!! I have been through all those other posts you mentioned.. I got to the conclusion that my USB drivers amy haave not been properly installed.. I will try again tomorrow and let you know.. If it doesn't work I will be RMAing