Windows 7 Virus

LOST TALE
Go to solution Solved by killcomic,

DO NOT USE SYSTEM RESTORE,

You can actually rollback into damage done by the virus.

Put Kaspersky into "HIGH" security level, turn on keylogger detection and run a full scan.

You can also run a Malwarebytes scan to be on the safe side as well.

Edit- Beat to it by the post above!

So I executed hazardeous data whcih happens to hazardeously do harming stuff.

I think it scans for vulnerabilities. ( it wasnt  supposed to do that at all) It doesnt say it does, it just goes unresponding for some time. I know it does. fishy.

Anyways, I deleted it yesterday.

After it was denied access to read something in the computer and to replace adobe update with a hacked one. (by Kaspersky)

I dont know how robust windows 7 is.

should I use a restore point? I want to know how possible it is that it corrupted stuff that would slow down my computer.

Havent noticed anything much.

Put Kaspersky into "HIGH" security level, turn on keylogger detection and run a full scan.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Edit- Beat to it by the post above!

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

The reason I dont do scan is

Scan is so slow :( I have 850GB on HDD and 248GB on SSD.  OS in on SSD, I doubt much needs to be scanned on SSD.

even over night..

well I think the computer shuts itself down automaticly overnight for me being AFK so the scan never finishes.

Well maybe if you guys fix the thing were the computer considers the user AFK and shuts itself, then maybe a night and more would do.

I will try I guess

edit: key logger deteciton is in threats and exclusions, everythign is enabled ther. unless there is a self inflicted vulnerability in trusted apps. I never add trust to apps, so thats not my fault.

Or is it enable din another place, also all kinds of protection are enabled, am I missing something? (except adblock and anti-banner)

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

*cracks knuckles* time for a clean OS install!

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Use the toolkit I made here: www.thamovingfile.x10.mx/DL/Toolkit.zip and run the MBAM-Chameleon and the Kaspersky TDSS killer.

Computer Science student proficient in OSX, Linux and Windows

(Dell Inspiron 7570): i5-8550u | Geforce 940MX | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | 15.6" 1920x1080 ScreenWindows 10 |

Use the toolkit I made here: www.thamovingfile.x10.mx/DL/Toolkit.zip and run the MBAM-Chameleon and the Kaspersky TDSS killer.

Do one mate. 33 posts and linking to a sketchy ~90mb file? 

x5H4LZi.jpg?1

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

can also use comodo cleaning essentials.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

Do one mate. 33 posts and linking to a sketchy ~90mb file?

Posted Image

Feel free to run malware tests on it, it's the toolkit I have on my flash drive when troubleshooting computers. Nobody is forcing you to download it. It's just a suggestion.

(Dell Inspiron 7570): i5-8550u | Geforce 940MX | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | 15.6" 1920x1080 ScreenWindows 10 |

So I executed hazardeous data whcih happens to hazardeously do harming stuff.

I think it scans for vulnerabilities. ( it wasnt  supposed to do that at all) It doesnt say it does, it just goes unresponding for some time. I know it does. fishy.

Anyways, I deleted it yesterday.

After it was denied access to read something in the computer and to replace adobe update with a hacked one. (by Kaspersky)

I dont know how robust windows 7 is.

should I use a restore point? I want to know how possible it is that it corrupted stuff that would slow down my computer.

Havent noticed anything much.

Just check your Startup program, Task Scheduler for suspicious process/es and empty your Temp files. Run boot scan with your AV.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Just check your Startup program, Task Scheduler for suspicious process/es and empty your Temp files. Run boot scan with your AV.

whats a bootscan, where are the temp files exactly?

you mean fast scan on critical ereas?

Heres a list of task scehduling that might have something:

OfficeSoftwareprotectionplatform folder: $(@%systemroot%\system32\osppc.dll,-201)

I have my OS in french, so would the virus have an english description?

That would be an amazing way to check for intruders :D

by startup program you mean MS config?

Feel free to run malware tests on it, it's the toolkit I have on my flash drive when troubleshooting computers. Nobody is forcing you to download it. It's just a suggestion.

Having a zip file simply named "Toolkit" doesn't exactly look trustworthy, especially from someone new around these forums.

@OP you could try something like HirensBootCD, or the GEGeek Tech Toolkit to scan your system and remove any virus you may have.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Having a zip file simply named "Toolkit" doesn't exactly look trustworthy, especially from someone new around these forums.

@OP you could try something like HirensBootCD, or the GEGeek Tech Toolkit to scan your system and remove any virus you may have.

I mentioned I have Kaspersky, should I even bother to use other scans?

Right, I understand the concern. It is just a collection of tools such as HWINFO, Speccy, CoreTemp, Prime95 and MGSDiag.

I mentioned I have Kaspersky, should I even bother to use other scans?

Hirens basically launches a basic build of windows from the disc image, and you can scan + remove viruses without any hassle with it's built in tools + programs. If your virus got past Kaspersky in the first place then it would be worth trying Hirens, unless you fancy formatting.

What option in kaserpsky scans for rootkits?

Hirens basically launches a basic build of windows from the disc image, and you can scan + remove viruses without any hassle with it's built in tools + programs. If your virus got past Kaspersky in the first place then it would be worth trying Hirens, unless you fancy formatting.

any way I can know the virus got past Kaspersky?

any way I can know the virus got past Kaspersky?

The fact whatever you installed/executed is on your rig and you are here asking how to get rid of it, after it's malicious behavior.  <_<

The fact whatever you installed/executed is on your rig and you are here asking how to get rid of it, after it's malicious behavior.  <_<

I never said it was on my rig, It was supposed to extract something which it did. that thing is fine.

It probably comepletely gone and left my computer unchanged besides itsself in the recycle bin and a kaspersky report.

I never said it wasnt either.