Looking for a decent stand alone mic

Kirah

Hello so i'm looking for a decent stand alone mic ether clip on or low profile desk mic.

I can spend around 70-80usd i prefer is to be a desk mic.

To avoid additional cables getting tangled when i take on and off my headphones.

I currently have the mod mic and wile its a great mic It keeps getting tangled and falling off during movement.

Hence why i would prefer a good desk mic that is about 10cm's or 4 inches tall.

So it can stand under one of my monitors It can be a little bit taller but not by much.

Sense i don't want it blocking parts of my screen.

But if its not possible to find such a desk mic in that price range a nice clip on mic would work as well.

and i like to have a mute button for easy mic muting.

Maybe you can find a Yeti for sale?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Blue Yeti is a good one, if you can find one cheaper though I'd suggest the Audio Technica AT2020.

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT2020-USB-Condenser-Microphone/dp/B001AS6OYC

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Hmm the Yeti and the AT2020 is around the same price range prefer the AT cause it looks better.

How about the blue snowball / snowflake are they any good? cause they are like half price atm so is the samson meteor mic.

what about noise cancellation this is mostly a problem during summer time when i need to have the AC on.

Also if i needed to pick one should i go with the AT or the Yeti.

I don't really need the whole built in headphone amp thing of the yeti.

Sense i already have the O2 amp + odac combo unit.

And i prefer the looks of the AT cause its black and it matches all my other stuff.

But i don't know which one is the best of those two.

Okay so i managed to pick up the AT2020 USB during a sale and the mic is great and all.

But i have one problem this mic picks up everything with in a 10mile radius.

like it even picks up the sound of people downstairs is there anyway to adjust the sensitivity of it some how?.

maybe some third party application or something cause all i can do is lower the mic volume but not the actual sensitivity.

and there doesn't seem to be any form of noise cancellation in the windows settings ether.