Best value CPU in the world right now. (high end)

That benchmark doen't affect gaming performance.

I can tell you first hand it offers more than enough gaming performance :)

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

I would say AMD's apu's are the best value cpu's at the moment because they mean that you don't need a graphics card for mid range gaming. intel have always priced their cpu's higher though.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

If you simply need the power - you need it.

No matter what value it is.

(Same with AMDs GPUs)

MB: MSI Z77A-GD55 | CPU: Intel i5-2500k @ 4.5 GHz | RAM: 8GB Kingston DDR3 @1333MHz | GPU: Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II 

Monitor: 22" Samsung SyncMaster B2230H @60Hz | Audio: Creative Aurvana Live! | PSU: SuperFlower 80+ Gold 550 Watt 

OS: ArchLinux + KDE / Windows 8 Pro 64bit | Smartphone: Nexus 4 16GB - CM11

yep amd proc are dirt cheap :P

phenom II x4 like 70 dollar lol

6350 139 dollar, 6 cores *notbad*

I can tell you first hand it offers more than enough gaming performance :)

I still know that an 8320 is great in gaming but say an i5 is currently the best gaming cpu.

That benchmark doen't affect gaming performance.

This won't be for long, we're already seeing games that run better on AMD because of multi-threading & by next year we'll see true next-gen games come out optimized for the 8 core AMD CPU in the PS4 & XBOX One & that I believe will change the game literally & figuratively.

I still know that an 8320 is great in gaming but say an i5 is currently the best gaming cpu.

I guess it depends what you mean when you define "best". If you're talking about balls out performance with price out of the window? then yes,Intel hold that crown. However, right now more than ever people are caring more about the price. So when it comes to price to performance AMD offer more than any one else in that regard.

I had a Sandybridge Xeon that I could clock to 3.5ghz. It was the same as a I5 2400 and had I7 cache. In Crysis 3 I get over double the minimum FPS. That to me says that you really need the Intels that you can clock, and they are expensive. When I bought my 8320 for £113 the 3570k was £172 and offered nothing that the AMD didn't (IE safe minimum frame counts to make sure I got a good gaming experience).

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

This won't be for long, we're already seeing games starting to support up to 8 threads & by next year we'll see true next-gen games come out optimized for the 8 core AMD CPU in the PS4 & XBOX One & that I believe will change the game literally & figuratively.

Indeed. If any one out there would care to clock their I5 3570k or I5 2500k to 4.2ghz and run Firestrike then be my guest. This is the sort of Physics score you get from a 8320 and I can tell you I've already pitted my 8320 against a 2550k and it took my friend 4.7ghz to get a 200 point lead. Clock for clock when the 8 cores are being used the 8320 wins hands down.

3dm13.jpg

I benched Grid 2 yesterday and my min FPS count was 68. That was with ultra settings and 8xmsaa. Obviously that's completely playable.

I guess it depends what you mean when you define "best". If you're talking about balls out performance with price out of the window? then yes,Intel hold that crown. However, right now more than ever people are caring more about the price. So when it comes to price to performance AMD offer more than any one else in that regard.

I had a Sandybridge Xeon that I could clock to 3.5ghz. It was the same as a I5 2400 and had I7 cache. In Crysis 3 I get over double the minimum FPS. That to me says that you really need the Intels that you can clock, and they are expensive. When I bought my 8320 for £113 the 3570k was £172 and offered nothing that the AMD didn't (IE safe minimum frame counts to make sure I got a good gaming experience).

An 8320 for 113 pounds. That is a really good deal.

Indeed. In fact, the screen shot I posted was from last week when I bought mine. Since then the value score has gone up even higher :)

You pay for one 8520 core less money than for Intels logo :D