New Asus Boards

How baller do these new LGA 1150 Boards look.  It really sets up nice for a gold theme build and I think if done right could look like a rig of the gods.  

Ideas for epic build just fill my mind.

I want to know your thoughts on this color scheme or any ideas of parts to pair with these boards.

post-7953-0-04763700-1370180427.jpg

post-7953-0-78698800-1370180432.jpg

post-7953-0-04763700-1370180427.jpg

post-7953-0-78698800-1370180432.jpg

I personally was quite unpleased to see that the new color scheme for asus boards is gold. However in my upcoming build I will most probably be using a Hero VI ROG board which is red :3.

Case: 650D CPU: i5 4670K GPU: GTX 770 Gaming @1306MHz Motherboard: MAXIMUS VI Hero PSU: AX760 CPU Cooler: H100i RAM: 8GB Vengeance Pro @1866MHz Storage: 840 250GB SSD / 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14

i agree, i dont really like it and there the deluxe doesnt even have ESATA, so thats a huge let down for me, i wont be going ASUS, also let down from there teaser so AUSU going down hill in my eyes

all the other features seem cool though

Do you think they with still come out with a red and black ROG board?

Do you think they with still come out with a red and black ROG board?

as in this one?

Don't like that gold theme either

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

I'm not too keen on the gold either.

Too... Flashy, even for a rig you'd want to show off.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

.... I love the gold....

USE THEM NOCTUA FANS TOO

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

The gold theme looks awesome, much better than the blue that they had before. The only problem is getting matching components.

as in this one?

yeah thats it lol

I didnt see that one, thanks

Why can't they do pink mobos :(

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

Me personally, I hate the color scheme, it's like looking at a fake Rolex watch, seeing all that fake gold is just to much. The other half of their Z87 motherboards look great, but these gold Motherboard scheme just do not cut it with me.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I'd love the gold with gold or polished copper fittings in a water cooled rig, but it would be really hard to find the dimm's to match that don't look tacky.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I don't really like ASUS's new boards, MSI's and Gigabytes new boards look better.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

ASUS%20Sabertooth%20Z87%20Reverse.jpg

That backplate really surprised me.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

I wouldn't say the gold is my favourite thing in the world, but I would rock it in my case if I was going to upgrade. Still prefer the 1155 boards though from Asus. The black and the blue is a favourite of mine :)

Corsair 300r Case with OCZ ZT 750W PSU | Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor | Asus P8Z77-V LGA1155 Motherboard | Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) | OCZ Vertex 4 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB HDD | AMD Sapphire 7770 Vapor-X 1GB Video Card | 2 Acer S220HQL 22" monitors |
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | CM Storm Quickfire TK Cherry MX Brown | Razer Deathadder 3500dpi

ASUS%20Sabertooth%20Z87%20Reverse.jpg

That backplate really surprised me.

All this TUF snakeoil is really starting to get hilarious IMHO

Maximus VI Gene just in time for my new mATX build  :)

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

ASUS always goes overboard on the colors lol.  Even on the ROG ones.  If they'd done something like MSI's gaming boards, with a few red accents here and there, but with gold, it would have looked fantastic.  But half the board being gold is a bit too bling bling, very overdone.

The gold theme makes a Asus board unique. I know that manufacturers already made gold ram.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

The gold theme makes a Asus board unique. I know that manufacturers already made gold ram.

What about ASRock? They have used Gold in their boards as a main colour for a while.

Personally I think gold should be used as sparingly as possible, like white and when people go overboard with copper (like w/c blocks and fittings), it simply looks tacky.

/ / 6G V2 - MX Black / Choc Mini - MX Blue / HHKB Pro 2 (Anthracite) - Lubed and dental modded / Poker 2 - MX Black / Dell AT101W / Filco TKL(Beige) - MX Black / Filco TKL(Black) - MX Brown / V60- MX Red / V80 - MX Brown / Winkeyless B.Mini / RS84 / / 

@pexonpcs

What about ASRock? They have used Gold in their boards as a main colour for a while.

Personally I think gold should be used as sparingly as possible, like white and when people go overboard with copper (like w/c blocks and fittings), it simply looks tacky.

I'd say their main theme is black... they just have a few gold highlights on a capacitors, I wouldn't call it a main color :)  Black and silver/gold is their thing though I think.

I'll change the manufacturer to ECS then, another mobo manufacturer who has done a board with a LOT of gold.

/ / 6G V2 - MX Black / Choc Mini - MX Blue / HHKB Pro 2 (Anthracite) - Lubed and dental modded / Poker 2 - MX Black / Dell AT101W / Filco TKL(Beige) - MX Black / Filco TKL(Black) - MX Brown / V60- MX Red / V80 - MX Brown / Winkeyless B.Mini / RS84 / / 

@pexonpcs