Well... i'm screwed

A.D.A.M

just saw this from my isp:

post-66999-0-41525000-1411812362.png

:( i'm soo screwed i hope they don't throttle me too much... Hopefullly

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

Looks like the kind of crap you'd install accidentally when clicking next too fast :P

yep and then you see $10 dollars extra on your bill

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

Wow they make you pay to make services faster? 

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

yep and then you see $10 dollars extra on your bill

:( at least in the UK... the internet isn't fantastic in a lot of places still but the ISPs aren't asshats 

Wow they make you pay to make services faster? 

i just saw this today so i guess they just implemented it.

what isp? hopefully telstra doesn't do this to me

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

what isp? hopefully telstra doesn't do this to me

Zain of the Middle East

i just saw this today so i guess they just implemented it.

I know a law was past that allows ISP to charge companies for a "fast lane" so services like netflex ect work faster.

I didn't know that they could apply the same charge to customers.

Think about that they are charging you for a fast lane and the services to use it, thats double money.....

Zain...? KSA or Kuwait? or maybe the Cursed Zain of Jordan...

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Zain of the Middle East

ah, thought you were from austrlia because of your location saying oz so i was worried for a moment 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I know a law was past that allows ISP to charge companies for a "fast lane" so services like netflex ect work faster.

I didn't know that they could apply the same charge to customers.

Think about that they are charging you for a fast lane and the services to use it, thats double money.....

:( yeah i dont know if they are double dipping 

Zain...? KSA or Kuwait? or maybe the Cursed Zain of Jordan...

Kuwait

ah, thought you were from austrlia because of your location saying oz so i was worried for a moment 

nah that's oz as in wizard of oz

:( yeah i dont know if they are double dipping 

If people just don't pay it, it will go away.

i sure hope so

so you live here?

uhh no... looks like an arab where is that ive never seen that

edit:nevermind i know the place

http://crazyinkuwait.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/the-oz-land-dome-mall.html

i googled land of oz in kuwait and that came up lol

i know that mall never went there though

In theory, yes, but in practice people will always buy it... Either by accident or because their morals aren't strong enough to cope with slow internet whilst gaming or streaming and they'll simply abandon their morals for easiness' sake... At least, as far as I am concerned, please correct me if I'm wrong, in the Netherlands the ISP's aren't pulling any of these stunts... Yeah they blocked the Pirate bay for a little while, but I don't think they're doing any of this throttling stuff, at least, I hope... 

In theory, yes, but in practice people will always buy it... Either by accident or because their morals aren't strong enough to cope with slow internet whilst gaming or streaming and they'll simply abandon their morals for easiness' sake... At least, as far as I am concerned, please correct me if I'm wrong, in the Netherlands the ISP's aren't pulling any of these stunts... Yeah they blocked the Pirate bay for a little while, but I don't think they're doing any of this throttling stuff, at least, I hope... 

I believe the law was only passed in USA, hoping it stays there :P

I believe the law was only passed in USA, hoping it stays there :P

Wait, it actually passed in the USA? That internet priority speed thing, I forget what it's called... Damn, didn't think it'd actually pass... And yeah agreed, please let it stay there. ._.

Wait, it actually passed in the USA? That internet priority speed thing, I forget what it's called... Damn, didn't think it'd actually pass... And yeah agreed, please let it stay there. ._.

Internet fast lanes

Internet fast lanes

No nothing passed. It's called Net Neutrality and the initial FCC comment period just passed with an overwhelming number of US citizens being against ISPs setting fast and slow lanes. I believe the next step is for the FCC to hold several meetings about it and at some point in the future a decision will be made. 

Laptop - Gigabyte P34G - 14" 1080p i7 4700HQ, nVidia 760M LiteOn 120GB mSATA, 1TB Crucial BX100, Intel AC-7260, 16GB Crucial DDR3 RAM, Win 10 Pro x64
Desktop - SilverStone Fortress FT02B i5 3570K EVGA GTX 570, Intel 120GB 520,  1TB WD Black HDD, 16GB Crucial DDR3 RAM, Win 10 Pro x64

Server - HP MediaSmart Server EX490, Core 2 Duo E8600, 2x WD RED 2TB, 2x WD RED 3TB, Stablebit DrivePool, 4GB Patriot DDR2 RAM, WHS 2011

No nothing passed. It's called Net Neutrality and the initial FCC comment period just passed with an overwhelming number of US citizens being against ISPs setting fast and slow lanes. I believe the next step is for the FCC to hold several meetings about it and at some point in the future a decision will be made. 

Honestly isn't it rather concerning that when they are aware that the majority of their country, or at least a very big group of people are against this law, they even still consider it... I mean, they're to represent our wishes (the people), isn't this obvious enough? But then again, I don't live in the USA and I don't understand most things that happen there, nor do I want to sometimes really, as long as they keep their stuff with them I don't care. :)